Silent Hill the Movie

Murray

From
Midwest US
I was thinking about Silent Hill the movie the other night. It was a movie that grasped the game's concepts and did enough twisting to make it interesting. As a horror fan it was actually a pretty fun movie to watch and it left its viewers with a sense of what the gamers were about. I could go into Silent Hill: The Room but that game was crazy weird (even for Silent Hill) and I hated the phone that said "I am always watching." That's not a curse that's just annoying! The point is that if you jump into some Silent Hill games and then watch the movie I think you'll appreciate that the producers and writers actually tried really hard to make this reflect the experience. For that, I give this movie a must watch for the weekend. :cool:

The first Silent Hill movie is my favorite live-action movie based on a game. Even though they changed the gender of the lead protagonist, (among other things) it's still fairly true to the first game. My biggest gripe is how they threw in pyramid head, as that is more of a James Sunderland thing, and while I don't care if minor details are changed, that one got to me. Still, it's a really good movie, and I recommend it to both fans of Silent Hill and horror movies. The sequel, on the other hand, is a major disappointment. Based on Silent Hill 3, (which makes sense, as the first and third game are directly connected) this film, while still more faithful to the game than most video game movies, departs too much. This would be fine if they had their own interesting spin on the tale, but in my opinion, this is one worth missing.

I'm trying to think of what movie it was where you played this multiplayer game and there's this lady who liked roses or bathing in blood or something. Anyway, you die in the game and she came and murdered you. This group of people were trying to figure out who it was and it had some humor and it was a bit of a horror. I ended up watching it twice, it was ridiculous but fun.

Back