Xbox One So I was on the interwebs and...

Esperahol

I came across this: Heartbroken Xbox One employee lets rip. | HeyUGuys GamingHeyUGuys Gaming

This is pretty old, but what I really loved were the comments on this - anyway, the thing is that extra special "Family Share" feature is basically a demo ranging from 15-60 minutes. It was never just sharing games (which doesn't make much sense anyway if you think about it) more like a really long commercial in order to get more customers maybe. So DRM and Spam in one tidy package. Also before anyone attacks - note that the library only allows you and one person in at a time. It isn't something that works for groups at a time. I don't know how that rumor got started. So yeah, what do you think?

Wow, that was a long read, but I think he managed to get his point across. The only thing worth mentioning in his book was only the Family Sharing feature, and literally nothing else, maybe a little on developing a social network, but other than that, those were the two he capitalized on. I also feel like it was a great feature, and shouldn't have been taking out, but I was a bit confused before he wrote "anyone who you deem family will be able to access your games". This most likely can meet friends who are close to you, and you have up to 10 people to choose between. From the looks of it, it looks like he posted this on Pastebin too, which means the author was anonymous. I guess he wouldn't want to deal with the hate with his colleagues and potentially get fired. I was hoping for the family sharing to be a bit longer, maybe 2-3 hours and the ability to pause without wasting time, or even reaching a specific checkpoint, but overall, 15-60 minutes seems like a good demo to make up their mind.

I've read this. It's quite hilarious, actually, because if true then Family Share was just a big fat stupid ass joke.

I love that the guy tries to **** on Sony. Sony has had timed demos way before and those don't need someone to "share" their game with you.

I never cared for Family Share, anyway, because it didn't sound very practical. But I also had an inkling that there was something huge they weren't telling this, along the lines of what the article is talking about. It seems like a company so hard up for money would just let people share games like that.

I've read this. It's quite hilarious, actually, because if true then Family Share was just a big fat stupid ass joke.

I love that the guy tries to **** on Sony. Sony has had timed demos way before and those don't need someone to "share" their game with you.

Ah, yes... PS4 is just Xbox 2.0 or something along those lines. I honestly don't see where he got that from, but I would think Sony is currently laughing all the way to the bank. Really what was the point of this system I have to wonder? It doesn't seem like they really thought anything do - like a bunch of interns with their first big project or something.

I don't care for the comparisons between the Xbox One and PS4, anyway. Both systems have their ups and downs, and I'm sure we're going to see more once they're released to the public. It's always been this way with competing systems, but there's never a clear "winner". Sony and Microsoft always make very sure of that.

I never cared for Family Share, anyway, because it didn't sound very practical. But I also had an inkling that there was something huge they weren't telling this, along the lines of what the article is talking about. It seems like a company so hard up for money would just let people share games like that.

...If it meant letting just one opportunity to make an extra buck slip through the grimy little fingers in exchange for potential millions? That one extra buck would win every time. That unfortunately is how business is run these days. I don't understand it, but that's just what they are apparently teaching in business ed... and they need to stop it. It isn't helping anything as stands.

Back