So regarding horror...

Esperahol

I'm predominantly a console player and one of the biggest reasons for this my favorite genre is horror (survival horror in particular). However, horror just doesn't have a really good presence on the PC. I mean there are some horror games that are PC exclusive, but not enough to make the PC really a great thing for me. Moreover many of the PC exclusive horror games are indie... and they really kind of suck. Amnesia the Descent was a wash for me, the Slenderman game like the SCP game was also a wash and so forth. The Path was fun, but not really horror game. But then again maybe I'm not looking in the right place(s)... So help me out.

What horror games would you recommend for the PC? Not anything like Deadspace because if it's available for console I'm getting it for console. I'm also not really a mod person although I do enjoy some, but I want actual games. Other than that I don't really care, although if it's pretty old then I've probably either played it or heard about it already.

What I like about these games is the atmosphere. I play only at night and in the dark well put myself in the shoes of the character.

I do not know if we can account The Last of Us is my favorite single player games all year. There's also Dead Space, even if the latter was a bit disappointed.

If you don't mind playing an older game you can try White Day, it's a Korean game from 2001 but I think there's translated versions floating around the internet. You said amnesia was a wash so I'd assume you aren't gonna pick up it's sequel then huh? There's a Herobrine mod for minecraft that'd make it a bit more "entertaining" as well....hmm, call of cathullu? then there's the fear series if you haven't already played it (I'd recommend 1/2 as 3 is more action based then horror) There's also the Condemned series (again if you haven't already played it...) that's all I can think of for the moment.

Also I wouldn't count The Last of Us (which is ps3 anyway) as a horror game....although I agree it's currently my pick of the year even if it is really linear

Thanks Oldman although the F.E.A.R. series has console editions which I bought as then Condemned. The Last of Us is survival horror with a strong action base, but again console editions. I'll give White Day a try I guess although I find it funny that valentine day is going to become a horror.

Well, there is a very old game called 'Phantasmagoria' it isn't so much a survival horror as much as it is a point and click mystery horror but, it is very scary and definitely a horror game through and through.

Well, there is a very old game called 'Phantasmagoria' it isn't so much a survival horror as much as it is a point and click mystery horror but, it is very scary and definitely a horror game through and through.

I remember this game (and the prequels/sequels). It was hilarious for me. I think the Angry Nerd put it best, but yeah this was a really great game for a laugh. Thanks for the recommendation! It's a shame most of the horror games people know of for the PC (that are PC exclusive) are so old.

Oh my god I recently played Outlast and its soooo scary!! I loved it though, its a really cool game. You should look into it!

Back