Xbox One So what happened to the 720!?

LALucien

From
London
Website
liamalucien.com
Hey wait. Hasn't anybody thought about what happened to the 720?
There were loads of magazines ang gaming sites posting articles about the 720 and how the devs had given them insider knowledge on the console and pics, specs and all sorts! I can't help but think the devs are sitting back and laughing saying, those mugs from the magazines bought every word! Hook line and sinker!
Lol...

Xbox 720 was just a name that was rumored around to give the next-gen Xbox a name. Nobody knew what it was, and 720 was not official.

Just another easily recognizable name that was a placeholder for the real (and horrible) title that Microsoft was holding until the reveal.

What? Xbox 720 was a placeholder name for the next-gen Xbox. The next-gen Xbox's real name has been revealed to be Xbox One. So the Xbox One = Xbox 720.

If the Xbox opted to only focus with gaming, I bet that they would have gone with the 720 name. However, since they made their console an all in one media center, the best name that they could think of was the Xbox One. I think the name fits the console perfectly.

Xbox 720 was a working title, much like they do with movies. I think the "Infinity" thing was a more refined working title, because a lot of people were actually convinced that it was going to be the official name. I feel toward "Xbox One" the same way I felt upon hearing that the Nintendo Revolution would instead be called the Nintendo Wii: not pleased, but trying to keep an open mind. When I hear someone say "Xbox One" in conversation, it makes me think of the original Xbox console. Still, I never liked the idea of them calling it a 720 because it sounded way too obvious.

I think it was just the obvious term to call the next gen console, after 360... like a sort of buzzword but of course it was not official. I actually really think they would have been better off calling in the 720, I don't think "Xbox One" will grow on me any-time soon.

I buried it in the backyard next to my old dog.

Xbox 720 was a working title
The actual working title of the One was supposedly "Durango", everybody just assumed they'd call the next console the 720.

The thing to remember is that until you get the official word, the title is still up in the air. Sometimes things get leaked, but it's still something to be taken with salt.

The actual working title of the One was supposedly "Durango", everybody just assumed they'd call the next console the 720.

The thing to remember is that until you get the official word, the title is still up in the air. Sometimes things get leaked, but it's still something to be taken with salt.

That was the code name for people behind the scenes and developers, but the word on the street was Xbox 720.

I don't mind the name they went with (confusing as it may be for original Xbox owners) but it's a tidy enough name that's easy to say and refer to.

Xbox 720 however, I couldn't stand. Every time it was called the "720" just bugged me so much. If Microsoft wen't with Xbox 720 I would be much more upset than them calling it Xbox One.

I don't mind the name they went with (confusing as it may be for original Xbox owners) but it's a tidy enough name that's easy to say and refer to.

Xbox 720 however, I couldn't stand. Every time it was called the "720" just bugged me so much. If Microsoft wen't with Xbox 720 I would be much more upset than them calling it Xbox One.

When I hear Xbox One, I don't think of the Original Xbox. I have always referred to the first Xbox as the "Original Xbox" mainly because it didn't sound right calling it the Xbox 1 with the Xbox 360 not being called 2. Xbox One makes quite a bit of sense because they want to use the slogan, All-in-One Entertainment System.

Basically what everybody said, it was just the rumored name or name given to the new model of Xbox since they assumed they would keep the number trend. Only logical to assume 720. Thinks get leaked all the time and people make things up 24/7, so you can't believe everything until it's released. Also, developers like to mess with people some times. They're people too!

I think it's a miracle that microsoft was able ot come up with a worst name then Xbox 720. I mean really Xbox One has the be one of the most uncreative names of all times.

as for your question, the Xbox One is the Xbox 720. I think it was pure speculation of the part of gamers that the name console would be called the Xbox 720, which I'm glad they didn't name it that.

Just another easily recognizable name that was a placeholder for the real (and horrible) title that Microsoft was holding until the reveal.

:D :D D: you said horrible name? Anyway I kinda like the name though it is a little confusing. One may think it is the first in their series of consoles

Back