Xbox One So you are Microsoft Exec after watching the Sony E3 conference

I'd be banging my head into the desk so flipping hard I'd leave a facial impression. The fact of the matter is that many people look at the Xbox anyway, so having your system go full-on "Microsoft is the Devil" at E3 is the worse thing possible. Someone should have looked through the talking points and cherry-picked the best points. If they aren't impressive or nice on their own then make them sound attractive. You can't tell me there is no marketing department at Microsoft - use that degree in Marketing and make the darn thing sound awesome even if it isn't.

That said the DRM thing can go die in a corner - there will always be crackers and quite frankly if all you have are digital files now that makes it much easier to crack. The Cloud thing is a security nightmare waiting to happen, never mind when the servers inevitably go down. Also is it possible to game if say your internet connection gets pwned by circumstances beyond your control? If your Live account looks odd will the resulting banhammering lead to your console going paperweight on you? Like there are a lot of very negative questions out there that could have been avoided or at least downplayed if someone with any savvy at reformatted the presentation. "Yes there are several points to our new console that look negative, but if you'll just give me your time..." Opening line acknowledges concerns and works to deal with them. I don't have a marketing degree, but I can talk to people - maybe they should hired me for E3. I mean seriously.

Maybe I would quit my job as a Microsoft exec and move to Sony while I have the chance. Lol. I don't know who at Microsoft decided to implement so many policies that would be such a pain to gamers. It makes me think that they are no longer customer oriented. They just went for profit oriented and nothing else. However, you can't gain a lot of profit of you can't win over your customers.

I'd be banging my head into the desk so flipping hard I'd leave a facial impression. The fact of the matter is that many people look at the Xbox anyway, so having your system go full-on "Microsoft is the Devil" at E3 is the worse thing possible. Someone should have looked through the talking points and cherry-picked the best points. If they aren't impressive or nice on their own then make them sound attractive. You can't tell me there is no marketing department at Microsoft - use that degree in Marketing and make the darn thing sound awesome even if it isn't.

That said the DRM thing can go die in a corner - there will always be crackers and quite frankly if all you have are digital files now that makes it much easier to crack. The Cloud thing is a security nightmare waiting to happen, never mind when the servers inevitably go down. Also is it possible to game if say your internet connection gets pwned by circumstances beyond your control? If your Live account looks odd will the resulting banhammering lead to your console going paperweight on you? Like there are a lot of very negative questions out there that could have been avoided or at least downplayed if someone with any savvy at reformatted the presentation. "Yes there are several points to our new console that look negative, but if you'll just give me your time..." Opening line acknowledges concerns and works to deal with them. I don't have a marketing degree, but I can talk to people - maybe they should hired me for E3. I mean seriously.

Games cost money to make... just wanted you to realize this point.

Gaming is a business and just like all other business it must make money to exist.

Microsoft does not start advertising this early from a product launch they want the advertising to last up to and past launch.

Maybe I would quit my job as a Microsoft exec and move to Sony while I have the chance. Lol. I don't know who at Microsoft decided to implement so many policies that would be such a pain to gamers. It makes me think that they are no longer customer oriented. They just went for profit oriented and nothing else. However, you can't gain a lot of profit of you can't win over your customers.

Sony could push Microsoft completely out of the gaming industry and Sony would still be a tiny company in comparison, no Microsoft executive is worried about Sony in a company comparison.

I don't see how the DRM is a pain if you have a internet connection you can play your game the same way you always have but now you don't even need discs to keep playing.

Back