Sony Working on PlayStation 4 VR Headset

Anyone else think that this is going to lead to a bunch of gamers never leaving their house ever again? When you virtualize everything, what happens to the reality? I guess for our generation it won't be so dynamic but I think of that movie Surrogates where people live through their little robotic selves doing whatever and going about without a care in the world while they are locked away in little prisons. Little boxes.

Very Orson Wellsish, yes? Crazy times.

Anyone else think that this is going to lead to a bunch of gamers never leaving their house ever again? When you virtualize everything, what happens to the reality? I guess for our generation it won't be so dynamic but I think of that movie Surrogates where people live through their little robotic selves doing whatever and going about without a care in the world while they are locked away in little prisons. Little boxes.

Very Orson Wellsish, yes? Crazy times.

This made me laugh, but you really do have a good point. People barely need to leave their house for things other than work these days.

Actually, there was a VR headset that came out like 20 years ago. It was called Virtual Boy and made by Nintendo. People were suffering from eye strains and headaches when they used it. So it didn't last long. If I remember correctly, the games were all in red and black colors which caused a lot of visual problems for the user. I am surprised we haven't seen a virtual reality type of device since that one came out. I'm willing to give it a shot. I think it is the future of gaming.

Actually, there was a VR headset that came out like 20 years ago. It was called Virtual Boy and made by Nintendo. People were suffering from eye strains and headaches when they used it. So it didn't last long. If I remember correctly, the games were all in red and black colors which caused a lot of visual problems for the user. I am surprised we haven't seen a virtual reality type of device since that one came out. I'm willing to give it a shot. I think it is the future of gaming.

I know why. I had the Virtual Boy and it was awful. Seeing as how the technology was so limited then it makes sense that it would be ignored until now when games are becoming much more realistic and we have a greater understanding of human vision and such.

Back