Xbox 360 Split Screen or Online Multiplayer?

kateric99

What do you have more fun playing: split screen or online multiplayer? Also, what game do you like to play split screen the most?
Personally I have to say I enjoy split screen much more; however, I've been getting more and more frustrated as developers are paying less and less attention to split screen game modes.

My favorite game for split screen would have to be Rayman Origins - it's a wonderful, fun, entertaining game. It's full of life and it's a real joy to play with friends.

Split-screen 4 life, yo. Specially on them co-op games! My cousin only plays co-op (unless it's Split/Second), so yeah. Franchises such as Borderlands and Army of TWO have been great games for me and my cousin. I was sad to see that Dead Island had no local multiplayer at all, I thought it would have that... oh well...

I like both it really depends on the game I'm playing. If it's something like COD then I have to say online play is better. Games like Minecraft are better with local multiplayer Though I feel every game should have some form of online and local multiplayer just those two things together are a great start to an amazing game.

Split screen is perfect for local multi-player. What more could you ask for when your friend is over and you can start up the game and enjoy it without worry. One thing I've heard is the capability of the new 4k televisions would have full screen split screen experience. Using 3D glasses that split the signal into vertical and horizontal would give one person a view while giving another their own view by utilizing the full screen.

split screen seems to be when people just play for fun. online is for people to enhance their skills.

Clearly, split screen if I have people over to play the Wii or something, but typically I don't have a full split screen session like my childhood days. So I go multiplayer on this one. Isn't that what brought all of us here?

Online multiplayer for me. I think split screens are way too small for me to see, and I would rather game on a full screen compared to having two screens. I usually don't look at the other screen as well, and sometimes proves to be an unfair advantage in games like CoD where you know where they are hiding/camping.

Online multiplayer, I hate the split screen thing I always get distracted after a while and i end up losing.

I always prefer online multiplayer. I only play split screen whenever a friend comes over, and when we play together we play online. It's more convenient for me that way since I just hate splitting the screen.

I played a lot of split screen CO OP on Gears of Wars.

Sitting right next to friends and playing is much more enjoyable.

Online multiplayer all the time. It is so much easier to see the screen and if you are having a deathmatch with another player then you can easily find out where they are on splitscreen, whereas on multiplayer you can't. Splitscreen is also seems to small for me to see. I just find it horrible to use.

You can never beat the environment of having your buddy in the room with you. Still, it is nice to play online and not have to share the screen with someone else. I guess there are positives and benefits to both.

Split-screen 4 life, yo. Specially on them co-op games! My cousin only plays co-op (unless it's Split/Second), so yeah. Franchises such as Borderlands and Army of TWO have been great games for me and my cousin. I was sad to see that Dead Island had no local multiplayer at all, I thought it would have that... oh well...

Totally. While both have some pros and cons attached to them, local multiplayer is such a nice experience to have with friends, specially pulling all nighters while playing co-op or deathmatches. It's something that will unfortunately be lost within a few years where everything is connected and portable.

Even though I played split screen most of my childhood I prefer to play online multiplayer. I actually like playing with other persons by my side and playing with them I just don't enjoy having to split the screen, it just ruins the experience for me.

Split screen used to be the only way to go. Unfortunately it made it very easy to "screen look" so split screen was better suited for co-op play. Online multiplayer allows you to play others without the risk of screen-looking, but you lose that connection you get with the person sitting next to you. My fiance and I love playing GOW 3 horde, split screen.

I much rather prefer the split screen rather than the online multiplayer. With the split screen, you can play with all of your friend's and family if they happen to be there with you at that time. My favorite game that I most prefer split screen multiplayer is Need for Speed Most Wanted, the old version. It's alot more exciting because you can also see your opponent"s screen, and you can see how far or how close they are to you. So in my opinion, split screen multiplayer is much better than the online multiplayer.

Back