Xbox 360 Split-Screen Playing

all_abt_games

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't stand to play in split screen, because the screen is split into a top and bottom half, making it so hard to follow along with the game. I really think it would be easier to play in split-screen if the screen were split into left and right halves instead. Is there a way to change how the screen splits?

I don't like to play in split screen either, but I don't think there is a way to change how the screen splits. I don't even know how you could go about changing it because the games are probably coded to split that way under multi-player circumstances.

I don't play in split screen either for the same reasons. I can't keep up with what is going on and what I am supposed to be doing when the screen is split.

We rarely ever play anything in the split screen, but if we had a bigger tv I would probably do it more often. Maybe Santa will bring us a new flat screen for Christmas this year.

Sadly it is possible to tilt the screen horizontally. I don't like using split screen though.

The widescreen TV's that we have usually makes for a weird split-screen experience. Even minecraft on the 360 is more difficult, and I almost prefer a quad screen to the stretched, confusing split screen. I have a 46" screen, but it is across the room from the chair. It does make it tough to pick things out sometimes.

I am pretty sure there is no way to change how the screen splits but it would be nice. We don't really play split screen at my house because we each have our own xbox and we have 2 big screen TV's as well. If we want to play together we just use the 2 different hookups. It is really much nicer than split screen.

I also can't stand it. Really bothers me. I like games like GTA SA where it was full screen but you had to keep up with the other player and you kind of just played the game together.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't stand to play in split screen, because the screen is split into a top and bottom half, making it so hard to follow along with the game. I really think it would be easier to play in split-screen if the screen were split into left and right halves instead. Is there a way to change how the screen splits?

I was never a fan of the sharing of screens either. I hated it because in competitive games people could always see what you do, where you are, etc. But that's part of what brought on online gaming. Of course, in turn that made developers make split screen all but extinct.

Split screen sucks. Simple as that. I wish there was a way to make it nicer to use but there just isn't. I tend not to play split if I can help it at all, which usually isn't a problem unless I have some buddies over.

Split screen sucks. Simple as that. I wish there was a way to make it nicer to use but there just isn't. I tend not to play split if I can help it at all, which usually isn't a problem unless I have some buddies over.

I'm not exactly the biggest fan of split screen either. But oddly enough, when you look around at various sites and message boards, it's one of those things people are whining about not having.

Not anymore but we used to play halo 2 split screen and system link when it was new Lol 4 players on each tv and the biggest tv we had was 19" :p

Not anymore but we used to play halo 2 split screen and system link when it was new Lol 4 players on each tv and the biggest tv we had was 19" :p

You should do a throwback and play Halo 4 on split-screen!

Don't fret about the screen size. Truth be told, no matter how big the screen is, having the 3 other people attached to it still makes for a distraction.

I couldn't agree more Cross, the size of the screen doesn't matter. We have a 60 inch TV and sharing it in split screen is still a pain. If we want to play multiplayer we sometimes go rent(or buy) a second copy of the game since we have 2 consoles and 2 TV's.

Lol, it is A LOT easier to play on a big tv with 4 players then it is to play one a 19" TV with 4, think about it big tv you have like a 19" screen for yourself... a 19" TV you have a like 4.5" screen lol size does matter hahaha

Lol, it is A LOT easier to play on a big tv with 4 players then it is to play one a 19" TV with 4, think about it big tv you have like a 19" screen for yourself... a 19" TV you have a like 4.5" screen lol size does matter hahaha

Well yeah, in terms of size it's a difference no question. But in terms of overall distraction, the size won't make a difference.

I have a 32" TV so the feature is... almost OK. I still think they should have split it into right and left sides. It's hard to concentrate this way.

I don't mind split screen too much. I obviously prefer having my own screen and love XBL but hey, I had no complaints when I was playing a game like Halo 2 split screen with a bunch of friends. Depends on the game I suppose but if you're with a bunch of good friends gaming, the smaller screen isn't that bad IMO.

Changing the split screen depends on the game. Usually it's in the menu under graphics if they have it.
Only game I know for sure has this (I don't play multiplayer on one tv often) is Borderlands 2. THere's an option for Up/Down or Left/Right.

Back