Star Trek: The Movie (2009)

sc_shark

well im hear watching the movie for proably the 20t time thx to fx network... but really i think it is one of the best tv adapted movies to date.

im sure u think im crazy for going out on a limb that far but hear me out.

its a movie you can watch and have never watched any star trek tv show and 1. not be lost 2. feel like you understand the story. 3 enjoy the characters parts and how they fit..
i havne never watched the tv series before or really care to.. and while watching the movie i find myself enjoying its nothing over the top.. their is nothing i am missing or feel i am missing they took very cautious aproace in not making it feel cgi and over the top in the presentation..nothing looks fake while everything is.

so what your thoughts.

I really loved the 2009 reboot. I liked Into Darkness too but not as much as 2009. As for the original series, they did age terribly but are fun to watch for it's camp-factor. The original movies are fantastic. I actually prefer the original crew to that of the reboot and out of all them, STIII: The Search for Spock is by far, in my opinion, the best Star Trek film to date (including the reboot).

I appreciate that they made the reboot with the older fans in mind. Crazy enough I took a philosophy of Star Trek class in college and remember how devoted the people in that class were. I just needed to fill 3 hours of time and there were people who were citing why Klingon race have the ridges in their forehead. The first series of shows didn't last very long and I remember watching a bit of a series that would play while my roommate and I were playing pool at this dive bar so that's about all I knew about it prior to that class.

The movie really made me like it and I'm not sure I'll ever go and do much research or watch the older shows, I hope they keep producing the new stuff. Its very good, even my wife likes it!

Back