State of Decay Sells Half a Million & Fails Patch

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
u4n5.jpg

The internet is a buzz after the first Title Update for State of Decay failed to fix bugs. Undead Labs announced that a second Title Update for State of Decay is in the early phase of certification after the first patch failed to fix several bugs within the game. This news came along with the announcement that State of Decay has already surpassed half a million downloads, which makes it the fastest selling original game on Xbox LIVE Arcade to-date.

Executive Producer Jeff Strain posted a thread over on the official Undead Labs forum apologizing about the issues with the game.

First, I want to apologize. This is not acceptable, and you deserve better than this. Second, we're on the phone with our publisher right now getting everyone mobilized. There's nothing we can do at UL to fix this problem. Once the update has been handed off, the process of getting it to you is something only the Xbox people can handle. So, we're calling in the troops to get going on solving this problem immediately.

At this time it is unclear when the patch will be available, lets just hope it fixes some of the major bugs in the game like getting stuck on a porch and being eaten alive by zombies with your main character.

Good to see it selling so well. I wonder if it means the'll end up putting in co-op after all as I think I read it was dependent on how well it sold.

It definitely feels built for it.

This is definitely a VERY fun game. Sure there are glitches in the game, but which game doesn't have any? It just came out as well, so people who are expecting no glitches at all are mistaken. The gameplay does get quite repetitive at times, but it's good overall. Some unique features like switching characters when you die, and the different weapons you can use is what made me get it. I'm taking a break from it at the moment, since I played about 3 hours last time I played it. 500k is definitely a great achievement, and for it to be the fastest selling game on XBL is an achievement worth noting. I expect this game to get better throughout the years, and hopefully they will make a sequel.

This is definitely a VERY fun game. Sure there are glitches in the game, but which game doesn't have any? It just came out as well, so people who are expecting no glitches at all are mistaken. The gameplay does get quite repetitive at times, but it's good overall. Some unique features like switching characters when you die, and the different weapons you can use is what made me get it. I'm taking a break from it at the moment, since I played about 3 hours last time I played it. 500k is definitely a great achievement, and for it to be the fastest selling game on XBL is an achievement worth noting. I expect this game to get better throughout the years, and hopefully they will make a sequel.

When you spend a few hours to level up a character and for him/her to get stuck on a porch and can't move, killed by zombies... You'll understand.

Games have flaws, yes. But these flaws are big game flaws that are annoying.

Back