Xbox 360 'Straight Male Gamer' Told To 'Get Over It' By Bioware

fantanoice

Website
www.dashingforums.com
(Wasn't really sure where to put this. If there is a more appropriate forum to put it in, feel free to move.)

Source: “Straight Male Gamer” told to ‘get over it’ by BioWare

It's really great to hear that they didn't give into the crap and not just continued being inclusive to all their audience, but defending them as well. Good on 'em. The guy who made that post is nothing more than an immature prick.

Well that was certainly a very interesting story that I just read. I am all for inclusiveness in the gaming world.

Yeah, the guy who was upset is probably a little kid who has yet to step into reality. The fact that he thinks that the majority of girl gamers play the Sims is equally insulting. The closer to reality video games get, the more immersive the experience. Lord help him if he gets hit on by a guy in the real world. Good on Bioware for telling him like it really is.

Such a sad article. The fact that someone is such a bigot that they think that straight males should be focused on entirely just because they think it's the "target audience"? What a load of crap.
Not to mention the "Straight Male Gamer" is a sexist, saying crap like "most women only play the Sims anyway".

I'm glad that Bioware decided to put any type of romance possible in Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect. It really tears me out of the game when you only have the option to be romantically involved with a women (if you're a man), and vice versa. Specifically in these games that are all about character decision and player driven narrative.

For the record, I'm also a straight male gamer. Just not a sexist, bigot, who has no clue about the real world.

"Sure, there are a substantial amount of women who play video games, but they’re usually gamers who play games like The Sims, rather than games like Dragon Age."
Pft, please. I'll take Dragon Age over Sims any day...

Anyway, back to the point of the thread...
I hate that people are so narrow minded sometimes. I love that Dragon Age gave the option of ANY relationship but it isn't a requirement.
This definitely is out to appeal to ANY audience, not just "Straight Male Gamers".

I think that Dragon Age and Mass Effect take the whole dating idea too far. It's supposed to be a god damn RPG not a dating simulator! I like the idea of including both male and female partners and I think that it's good, but you could limit their availability. Dragon Age origins does this quite well,as a man you have the ability to date Zevran , but not Alistair and that's fine. But including every character is just silly. It suits the personality of some characters but definitely not all of them and I think that they need to calm down a bit with it because there's equality and there's just going over the top with it.

Back