Strategy Games

RedNeckJiuJitsu

From
Engaged in Spiritual Warfare
Any fans of strategy games here? There haven't been many good ones lately (I haven't played Starcraft II but want to), but I still look back fondly on the original Starcraft, Warcraft, Age of Kings, and so on. Besides Starcraft II, have there been any decent strat games released lately that I just missed?

I found a game called Homeworld 2 at a yard sale awhile back. It's old, but pretty good. No match for SC, but it took some of the space battle elements and put them into a 3d playing field. It's pretty neat and worth a play if you're looking on Steam or something.

I really like strategy games, the C&C series is my favourite. I also like Starcraft, the sequel was one of the few modern strategy games that I've liked, I liked the fact that they didn't go for a full 3D view like many modern strategy games do, I don't like that, it's all about the gameplay, not graphics, I want to spend my time controlling my units, not the camera angle. I also like Company Of Heroes, the Dawn Of War games and Sins Of A Solar Empire. I've played the Total War games, I quite liked them but the 3D aspect ruined it quite a bit.

How would you compare Starcraft to Warcraft? Which one did you like better and why? I havent played Starcraft but loved Warcraft and Diablo series.

I LOVE the Total War series.

Personally my all time favourite strategy game is the Age of empires series. I've played that since I was very young and loved it. I wish I still had the age of empires disk somewhere because it was brilliant! My other favourite strategy game is Warcraft 3 I've also played that since I was young and it was brilliant, I must've played the campaign about 10 times. Once when I was young I played it so much I literally couldn't stop thinking and dreaming about it my parents had to take it off me for a month lol, they thought I was addicted to it which I probably was!

I would consider Sid Meier's Civilization 5 a strategy game. It's a really fun game especially when you're playing with other people. There are many different ways to win so it really tests your brain a bit. I also am a huge fan of Blizzard and their game Warcraft 3. I used to play the Human class a lot, and I actually got pretty skilled with them, until I reached the higher levels and more professional players.

I love all the blizzard games and would highly recommend for you to start playing Starcraft II! Probably the best strategy game I have ever played in my life! Warcraft being a close second, not as competitive or fun in my eyes :)

-Paul

I would consider Sid Meier's Civilization 5 a strategy game. It's a really fun game especially when you're playing with other people. There are many different ways to win so it really tests your brain a bit. I also am a huge fan of Blizzard and their game Warcraft 3. I used to play the Human class a lot, and I actually got pretty skilled with them, until I reached the higher levels and more professional players.

love civ 5 purchased the new expansion pack going to be fun playing that soon.

Back