Xbox 360 Summer of Arcade Details 2012

pstep

Summer of Arcade Details - Microsoft
View full website and information here - direct link
Purchase any three of the five Summer of Arcade hits and you'll get 400 Microsoft Points as our way of saying thank you. The points will be automatically added to your account at the conclusion of the promotion.

tony hawk.jpg wreckateer.jpgdeadlight.jpghybrid.jpgdust.jpg

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - direct link
Available Now - 1200 MS Points
The best elements of the classic THPS games have been updated to create an all new skateboarding experience. The gameplay returns to controllers and focuses on the satisfaction of linking sick tricks for maximum points. The style and feel of the best levels from THPS and THPS2 have been refreshed for today's consoles, along with the great music from both games.

Wreckateer - direct link
Available July 25 - 800 MS Points
Step up to Kinect, young squire, and join the ranks of the Wreckateers, the finest medieval demolition service in all the land. Wield the Ballista, a giant medieval crossbow, by using your body to steady your aim, fire and guide magical shots mid-air. Using a vast array of ammunition, bring massive castles occupied by grubby goblins crumbling to the ground.

Deadlight - direct link
Available August 1 - 1200 MS Points
Horror comes to Xbox LIVE Arcade in this original cinematic survival platformer. Run, jump, climb, and struggle for your life as you search for hope in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse.

Hybrid - direct link
Available August 8 - 1200 MS Points
This pioneering third-person shooter is set in the near future, where global conflict exists between a species known as the Variant and a rebel human faction known as the Paladins. Join two factions across hundreds of thousands of players in an ongoing battle for supremacy over the world.

Dust: An Elysian Tail - direct link
Available August 15 - 1200 MS Points
Immerse yourself in a gorgeous hand-painted world on a search for your true identity. As the mysterious warrior, Dust, your action-packed journey will take you from peaceful glades to snowy mountaintops and beyond.

This will be the third year in a row that I take advantage of this deal. Microsoft seems to hold the best of the best arcade games for this time of year. If anyone tries any of these games let us all know. I am heading directly to my 360 to buy the Tony Hawk game right now. I remember playing that game for endless hours in college on my Dreamcast.

- me

Tony Hawk HD for me as well. I used to play the hell out of THPS2 on my old Playstation, great memories of the hours that I spent on that game! I just hope that this HD revamp brings back some of the classic gameplay elements rather than just relying on some of the pointless add-ons that the later games have brought in.

Well, I think it's great that Microsoft is running a sale like this on the Arcade games, but I really wish there were more to choose from than just those five. Unfortunately, I don't see three there that I like enough to buy to take advantage of the free points! =(

Back