Xbox One Sunset Overdrive confirmed for a 2014 release

Canon

Well it was revealed today that Sunset Overdrive is planned to be released in 2014. They didn't mention a month or season when it's expected, so the news is sort of vague. I'm willing to bet it will be late 2014.

Finally! Now at least we know it's coming out next year, not 2015 or 2016. Yup, I've seen the game and so far, it's looking interesting. A game where it has that goofy, Team Fortress 2-like look with the theme of zombies everywhere but has that fun atmosphere? I'm in!

Thank god for this. This looks like an awesome and fun game. It kinda reminds me of Team Fortress 2 and I love that game.

Thank god for this. This looks like an awesome and fun game. It kinda reminds me of Team Fortress 2 and I love that game.

Yeah, it does right? Team Fortress 2 + Mirror's Edge + Left 4 Dead 2 = Sunset Overdrive! I also like the fun, light mood despite the zombie apocalypse. I mean, I can't help but laugh and smile when I see the trailer in E3. Also, it's an Xbox One exclusive so there's something to be happy about. :-D

I am so happy about this. During E3 Sunset Overdrive is when I really started paying attention to what the Xbox One had to offer. I'm so excited that I might even buy the Xbox One sooner than I had planned just to get my hands on and play the game. If the game turns out as awesome as I hope it's going to be then it's a great exclusive for the Xbox One.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_TXnUqMKR8[/video]

Yeah, it does right? Team Fortress 2 + Mirror's Edge + Left 4 Dead 2 = Sunset Overdrive! I also like the fun, light mood despite the zombie apocalypse. I mean, I can't help but laugh and smile when I see the trailer in E3. Also, it's an Xbox One exclusive so there's something to be happy about. :-D

Here's the video. Looks fun to me. I haven't played this game yet but I like what it shows on the video.

I'm hoping to find more info on this game :/ I got really excited at E3 but then nothing for months.

I'm so excited for this game. ever since I saw it at E3, I've been pretty pumped for it. The only thing is that I'm wondering if I'm over hyping it since I haven't seen any gameplay and we haven't heard any details about it really. Still that trailer was enough to keep the game in my head. Hope that it's as good as I'm hoping it'll be.

Finally! Now at least we know it's coming out next year, not 2015 or 2016. Yup, I've seen the game and so far, it's looking interesting. A game where it has that goofy, Team Fortress 2-like look with the theme of zombies everywhere but has that fun atmosphere? I'm in!

Woah. I haven't seen the game or the trailer but the comments that I've seen so far has made curious. Are there trailers out about this?

Woah. I haven't seen the game or the trailer but the comments that I've seen so far has made curious. Are there trailers out about this?

[video=youtube;FqJdZQPBDF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJdZQPBDF0[/video]

Here you go buddy. Here's the only trailer of Sunset Overdrive. No gameplay yet. Just the idea of what the game will be. thedoodseven's right: it's got that vibe of Team Fortress 2, zombies and goofiness. Looks to be interesting indeed.

Wow. Can't believe this game is being made by Insomniac, the developers of Ratchet and Clank, Resistance and the original Spyro the Dragon. I'm looking forward to this one. It's looking to be a fun game.

By the way guys, I just got a little info confirmation: the enemies in the game are MUTANTS, not zombies. All right, now the game's got more interesting.

Woo Hoo! Now that's what I'm talking about. This game looks really great. Too bad the game play isn't out yet. But this in my opinion will be a hit. I agree with thedoodseven. This looks to me like a team fortress2, zombies and goofiness style.

It really does look great and yeah it really does have a Team Fortress 2 look to it, which I like. I'm curious about the story and we definitely have to see gameplay because I don't want to get overhyped about this but if there is any game that drew me to the Xbox One it's this one. Hopefully we'll be seeing it at VGX.

It really does look great and yeah it really does have a Team Fortress 2 look to it, which I like. I'm curious about the story and we definitely have to see gameplay because I don't want to get overhyped about this but if there is any game that drew me to the Xbox One it's this one. Hopefully we'll be seeing it at VGX

Same here, but I have to say, this is an interesting game. I do hope they show the story mode as well.

Back