Xbox One sunset overdrive is out

sc_shark

well it released early this morning its not 12:01 on tuesday... ive got some hours logged..

its a fun game graphics while playing are steller.... the video/cinematic are sub par in comparison..

why the game did feel good and new it really dosnt feel new or fresh and i am only 8-12 hours in.. i get the story line...

the game is very lack on how amps work, or how gun modds work and equipping them.. some of the missions are absolutly a blast while others have that filler feel to them... same with enemies some are ammo spounges while others tend to be push overs.

my biggest gripe is the more moves you have,, water run/glide,aerial blast, double jump the game controls get very dependent on how much you combo each maneuver to the point your more concerned with bouncing,grinding,sliding than you are dealing damage and honestly it gets really annoying..

guns are a major part of the game but it really only seems like you get 8-10 id say so far... it requires money which can be gotten from atm machine, some enemies and a few other ways.. i would and do suggest you get as many guns as possible as fast as you can.. its not unlimited ammo you are looking for crates.. and again the more you are moving and trying to do damage the more you will need the gun selection jus to deal damage also some guns do damage to specific enemies... so again get them asap

well i cnat go on much more.. im very torn... i liked the game but didn't love it.. i enjoy it but wish the movment apsect was dialed back a little.. it really would make the game much more enjoyable for a casual gamer like myself

i beat it the other night.. and like most games it has some playability past the storyline...

thegame is "progressive" the idea it is trying to get you to do is amps/gun upgrades/arena upgrades most of the easiest ways to do this is the side missions

i can say i still have yet to buy every gun... that is sad in itself as some guns do some pretty cool stuff.. and with the ams they can do a ton of damage and really cool stuff.. for example one of my amps does a random spawn of a grim reaper that attacks enemies others do random blow ups that will effect enemies close... one amop id like to unlock or equip on random enemies they will explode and confetti/fire works come out lol...

but on to the rest..

i spend my money on the map stuff.. basically unlock where stuff is on the map... shows you every pickup is at.. their are a tonnnnn.... like really you dont realize how much stuff is on the map that you have to find... so thats where all my cash flow is going.. i think i have 2 or 3 more map unlocks to buy than i will buy all the guns...

i can say the game does have allot more playability than i expected if you are willing to play beyond a story.. and yes each side mission is a story in itself and some even are multi mission.. one i did had 4 parts ... so really the main story is one in itself and every faction has its own missions or story's to tell.

so i guess im saying it is a 8.5 or 9 out of 10... in my book... i dont really feel a dlc pack is going to add enough to the game to make it an amazing game it is going to sit where it sits with me.. my only regret is that i really pushed to invest some time in the game and have progressed quite far thru story and side missions... i dont have a ton more to do than collect odd things that basically allow me to unlock amps and weapon upgrades.. but thats how the game is built... you want those upgrades for the cool factor but you need those odd ball things you find every where... and i mean they are everywhere.

Back