Xbox One Super Excited for The Division

cossectansin

Saw the reveal for this game and am super-stoked.
  1. Post-apocalypse (check)
  2. Massively Multiplayer (check)
  3. Large Open World (check)
  4. Guns and Skills Galore (check)

The tablet play intrigued me too, seems ripe for smartglass integration with a friend sitting next to you. See the reveal and gameplay at Polygon or IGN. XBox One and PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I'm more stoked for any game at all TBH. Tablet integration starts to seem to be a big thing coming out now, WatchDogs has it, this game, a few others with the Vita/WiiU etc. Looking SO forward to this game, I hope it plays well though and people that skip all over destroy people that actually have good ping like they did in Defiance.

Tom Clancy has made some great games in the past and I think this won't be an exception. I always take gameplay trailers with a grain of salt, sometimes they are heavily scripted and sometimes not gameplay trailers at all. But this looks different. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on this one, it looks great.

[video=youtube_share;KT_05h3EQ98]http://youtu.be/KT_05h3EQ98[/video]

We live in a fragile and complex world, a web of interdependent systems we rely on every day. When one fails, others follow, creating a deadly domino effect that can cripple society in days...

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one... it looks really great but I've been unimpressed with recent the Tom Clancy games and there's nothing right now that really makes me change my mind yet. The gameplay does look fun though so I'm really gonna have to wait for other peoples (not professionals) review on it before I buy it.

Edit: Okay I watched this video [video=youtube;Pb6W-SZkjC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb6W-SZkjC0[/video] and I'm definitely more excited for this game than I was before. It looks very beautiful and if the shooting/movement is as good as it looks... :eek: And it looks so much fun with friends.

I'm still gonna wait for others to say how good it is first though.

As mentioned, I have also been unimpressed with the Tom Clancy games. Unfortunately, I am buying into a lot of hype that is surrounding several new games at E3. I want to be pessimistic but it is so hard when I really do think that some of these games are going to be a huge step in the right direction for console games.

The attention to detail in the trailer looks amazing but I never believe anything they show in trailers because I find they try to throw in disguised "gameplay" footage that is actually pre-rendered graphics. (*COUGH* ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES *COUGH*)

I've played Tom Clancy games in the past, and I can never quite say that I was a fan. This looks amazing though, judging by the preview on the YouTube video above. Will this be available for the PS4 too? I hope so. The graphics on this certainly look epic in my opinion.

Yeah it's for the PS4 as well which is unfortunate for Microsoft because after watching that video this game might be the game I am most excited for from E3 and if it's as good as it looks it could have really helped draw people towards the Xbox. This game looks like it could just be so much damn fun with your friends.

[video=youtube_share;KT_05h3EQ98]http://youtu.be/KT_05h3EQ98[/video]

We live in a fragile and complex world, a web of interdependent systems we rely on every day. When one fails, others follow, creating a deadly domino effect that can cripple society in days...

That's a pretty awesome trailer. It seems more like a PSA instead of a trailer lol. I didn't play the first Tom Clancy, I think it was called Splinter Cell, but this trailer makes me want to pick this game up. Definitely looks like an interesting game.

ive watched quite a bit on the game.. it is actually one of my most anticipated games and i am not into cod type games...

with that said with everything i have watched a few things still scare me.

from the developer the game is always evolving and will still require the internet on...

taking from the interview developer walk thru ... in the case of taking over the police station when u get the loot/gun ect ect you release the flair... it alerts other clans in the area who can them come claim the police station and than take your loot if it be food/water or gun upgrade ect ect..

since the game is not solo play their is no way to really "win" as the time you are off what you have undone will become erased.(in theory) yes the developers can add more contend via dlc or what... but for me not being a big shooter type game player i feel i will be turned off semi quick when my accomplishments are taken over or i am killed and looted for whatever i have earned do to my lack of skill...

i am looking forward to the ipad intigration via glass... i have a ipad2 and iphone that i use xbox glass with semi frequently. the general layout of glass sucks at the moment... how you navigate and the fact it assumes every time you do something you are trying to enter gets anoying. but in all the glass play seems really neat and something i cant wait to get into... especially with a few friends/clan that are good at shooter type... i become support more than a wing man.

Yeah it's for the PS4 as well which is unfortunate for Microsoft because after watching that video this game might be the game I am most excited for from E3 and if it's as good as it looks it could have really helped draw people towards the Xbox. This game looks like it could just be so much damn fun with your friends.
the pvp aspect of the game is going to be better on xbox thanks to the dedicated servers. that every game on xbox live is going to have. to me that gives it the edge over ps4.

the link i was refering to was posted earlier...
its rev games sessler interview/walk thru with a developer. it is post#5 on page one. it explanes quite a bit and what the game is about from their view.

Saw the reveal for this game and am super-stoked.
  1. Post-apocalypse (check)
  2. Massively Multiplayer (check)
  3. Large Open World (check)
  4. Guns and Skills Galore (check)

The tablet play intrigued me too, seems ripe for smartglass integration with a friend sitting next to you. See the reveal and gameplay at Polygon or IGN. XBox One and PS4.

I would disagree with your first point. Ubisoft Massive clearly emphasized at E3 presentation and afterwards as well that this game is not set in post-apocalyptic world. Rather, it's set in mid-crisis setting where chaos has just erupted and things are just starting to get worse thereafter. This is what intrigues me.

Yea I am excited for this game as well. I highly enjoyed rainbow 6 and this looks to bring that fun back plus have amazing graphics :) I can't wait!

I am really excited for this game as well. I can't wait for this game to arrive.

I wish they release more footage from this game.

As i was watching the E3 presentation i was constatly thinking between "this is awesome, i really want to play this" and "no way this is possible, this is so staged it hurts". Not that i ain't hype for this, it's just that it might be a bit too much for them to chew, lots of promises that might go flat.

The game seems pretty good ( can't wait to try the tablet app ). Just one thing that didn't let me really excited was the fact that they HP it just seems clumsy in a shooter. The story seems really nice and as most games this year it looks like it will have a nice co-op!

Back