Xbox 360 Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Reviews

How would you are Tekken Tag Tournament 2?

• 5 - Excellent

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 - Not worth playing

• Total voters

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Below you can find the reviews for Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It looks like a good bet, if you're into fighting games. They've introduced a new Fight Lab mode, which is basically an in-depth training mode. The graphics are great and the sound is the same Tekken sound that you've grown to love (or hate). All in all, it looks like a solid addition to an already successful franchise.

If you have any questions that the reviews didn’t answer, start a new thread on the forum. Played the game already? Rate it above and tell us why you did or didn’t like it. Better yet, write your own user review!

7.5 out of 10 - IGN
Read the full review here: Direct Link
With its gigantic roster, in-depth character customization options, and breadth of modes, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is definitely a worthy addition to the franchise. That is, if you make it past some of the more frustrating and impenetrable aspects of the Tekken universe. As a way into the genre, it could certainly do a heck of a lot better. But once you’re in, it’s a perfectly solid experience in which brawling fans will find a lot to love.
8.5 out of 10 - Game Informer
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 doesn’t overhaul the franchise’s format, instead opting to retain the series’ already-solid gameplay and avoid extraneous modes that detract from the core fighting focus. Even with a somewhat bare-bones online offering, it’s still one of the most refined fighters on the market.
7 out of 10 - Official Xbox Magazine
As a catchall franchise compilation, Tekken Tag 2 works for fans who aren’t seeking anything too radically different, delivering plenty of fighters and solid fun, even if it’s traversing well-worn territory. But when another of this year’s fighting games — Capcom’s Street Fighter X Tekken — puts your combatants to more exciting use, it may be time to consider a bolder approach.

I have waited for so long to play a new Tekken Tag game since 2000. It's been more than a decade since the original Tekken Tag and this second iteration easily blows the first one away. With highly upgraded graphics and new gameplay features, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 now becomes my new favorite game of all time.

I found myself playing on my Xbox 360 until midnight just trying to master the combos of some characters so that I could show my stuff online or at an arcade. It's highly addictive.

Back