Xbox One The Amazing Spider-Man 2 delayed, possibly cancelled for the Xbox One?

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
The release of the Xbox One version of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has been postponed and may not even happen, Activision has confirmed.

"Currently, the game will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, and the PC on May 2 as previously announced."

EB/Gamestop cancelled all of their pre-orders for the Xbox One. So, if you were looking forward to getting it on May 2nd for your Xbox One, well, sorry to be the bearer of bad news! I wonder why they are having such a difficult time porting the game of the Xbox One? It would be a bummer to have it on the PS4 and not the One, but at least it is still available on the 360. Was anyone planning on getting this on the Xbox One?

Source: Gameplanet

EB/Gamestop cancelled all of their pre-orders for the Xbox One. So, if you were looking forward to getting it on May 2nd for your Xbox One, well, sorry to be the bearer of bad news! I wonder why they are having such a difficult time porting the game of the Xbox One? It would be a bummer to have it on the PS4 and not the One, but at least it is still available on the 360. Was anyone planning on getting this on the Xbox One?

I'm not too worried or upset about this announcement since a lot of movie to game releases aren't that good.

J

Still reminds me of that time when Netherealms couldn't port their Injustice to Xbox One. Little things like this is really beginning to make us wonder why it's difficult to port the game to the XB1.

Not worried. but it does make me wonder why it's hard to port to the Xbox One.

First there's the resolution problem and now this: not able to port something like this to the Xbox One. Small problems behind the scenes?

Meh. I've never been a fan of Spider Man anyway.

Either way, still makes you wonder why they can't bring Spidey. Ah well, same here. I used to be a fan of playing him in the PS2/Xbox/Cube era but after that.... never mind. His charms didn't hype me to get the succeeding games too.

Hahahaha... Spidey not feeling the vibes huh? Well, we'll see how it goes. If it does get cancelled..... then ouch.

We're talking about the Spider Man movie, aren't we? Because the games have never been a success anyway.

We're talking about the Spider Man movie, aren't we? Because the games have never been a success anyway.

Yes, we're talking about the Amazing Spider-Man movie tie-in games. But anyhow, yeah, if it's not gonna appear in the XB1, no deal... unless you're the big fan who wanted it.

Pretty much most movie tie-in games were never a success. So why worry? If you're the big fan, as marthyrocks points out... then sorry, game's not making it to the Xbox One.

I'm sorry but did you ever play spider man 1/2? those games were huge, 1 was a ps2 platinum hit and 2 is even in some top games lists. The Amazing Spider-Man game was meh but I mean it's the first game in the series

Back