Xbox One The "Apology" Tour?

John Henry

So, I've been hearing that Microsoft has started an "apology" tour of sorts. They are trying to make good on anything they may have said or done that was considered to be misleading to its customers. I am not quite sure what they mean by that. I don't think they have been doing anything different than has been done in the past to hype up a new game console before it comes out.

Well:
"For people who can't handle always being online we already have a product - it's called an Xbox 360."
Neither Japan nor Poland amongst other areas will be supported.
hashtag #Dealwithit
DRM
Always Online
Screw indie developers
etc.

So yeah... they have definitely put their foot in it, but many people don't seem to care and others actually liked that nonsense so yeah.

Well:
"For people who can't handle always being online we already have a product - it's called an Xbox 360."
hashtag #Dealwithit
DRM
Always Online
Screw indie developers
etc.

So yeah... they have definitely put their foot in it, but many people don't seem to care and others actually liked that nonsense so yeah.

Yeah. Pretty much this. Microsoft has said so many outlandish things during the promotion of their console that it honestly baffles me as to how so many people can support them.

Well:
hashtag #Dealwithit
DRM
Always Online
Screw indie developers
etc.

Just the Xbox 360 thing and #Dealwithit managed to ruin totally the look of their new console for me. Seriously, is this how you treat your costumers? Not even full damage control will save you from a bunch of stuff like this. And don't come with "we want to innovate, this is the future" crap!

I'm not impressed if this is true. Do they think this would help them sell more consoles? Do they think people who think negatively of them will have their opinions reversed by such an act?

Yeah. Pretty much this. Microsoft has said so many outlandish things during the promotion of their console that it honestly baffles me as to how so many people can support them.

Because the game lineup is great. And only people who wanted to believe Microsoft was making outlandish statements actually think they did. The rest of us still like the console.

Because the game lineup is great. And only people who wanted to believe Microsoft was making outlandish statements actually think they did. The rest of us still like the console.

Ane we both know that people lost sight of it. One of the best line ups ever and a lot of talk ON the games and no one even cared. But....we are only 2 months away and I am STOKED!!!

Ane we both know that people lost sight of it. One of the best line ups ever and a lot of talk ON the games and no one even cared. But....we are only 2 months away and I am STOKED!!!

That's the spirit my friend! :)

That's the spirit my friend! :)

HECK YEAH! I guess these things come with being a gamer. I mean its always been about the games and MSFT has brought it. And NO ONE even cares it seems...well....some dont care. It just baffles me sometimes. But lets do this!!!

I honestly would have still bought it even with all the restictions. I would never bother me to be always on line. Its coming sooner than later though.

I honestly would have still bought it even with all the restictions. I would never bother me to be always on line. Its coming sooner than later though.

THANK YOU! All the internet warriors did was delay the inevitable. I WANTED the original console I saw. But others didnt. It WILL happen, sooner or later.

Uh... Only people who wanted to believe Microsoft was making outlandish statements actually think they did? Brushing off a concerned part of your fanbase isn't outlandish? Attempting positively draconian stances on DRM isn't outlandish? Basically trying to merge console gaming with PC gaming isn't outlandish? Using the hashtag #dealwithit in response to complaints isn't outlandish? Dear lord, I really hope you never run a company or work in the PR department.

Uh... Only people who wanted to believe Microsoft was making outlandish statements actually think they did? Brushing off a concerned part of your fanbase isn't outlandish? Attempting positively draconian stances on DRM isn't outlandish? Basically trying to merge console gaming with PC gaming isn't outlandish? Using the hashtag #dealwithit in response to complaints isn't outlandish? Dear lord, I really hope you never run a company or work in the PR department.

Well I guess this is all I have for you -

tumblr_m76uxj6zMI1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

No one, not even you knew what it was going to be like, or how it would of worked, or if you even wouldnt of minded it. Listen.....MSFT had the balls to try and lay the first brick that IS being built. If you think its going to be the same 8-10 years from now for Next Gen...you have another thing coming. What they were going to bring WAS something different and made the consoles MAJORLY apart. Do you really think MSFT was the ONLY company, developer, publisher, etc. that didnt want DRM? They took one for the team. Behind closed doors they ALL knew about it and I bet ALOT of them wanted it. I dont care if even they said "This is the first time we heard about it" bull crap, they ALL knew about it. They played dumb and acted like thye didnt.

Bad PR? Yes, sure. I agree it was handled poorly, but not as poorly as the consumers handled the reveal of the XB1. Microsoft had a vision of the future and people got scared. Merging PC and console is exactly what many want, but its a trade off and people don't like the give and take. They like change even less. Sure the twitter post was an unprofessional reaction to frustration due to a bunch of people having childish tantrum-like reactions to a device they still did not truly understand. Many of us were fine with their vision. I saw the outcry much like the same reaction people had when it was announce that the 360 would only support broadband. MSFT is always ahead of the curve, sometimes too far ahead for people to envision. Unfortunately the response has been an endless supply of trolls.

Bad PR? Yes, sure. I agree it was handled poorly, but not as poorly as the consumers handled the reveal of the XB1. Microsoft had a vision of the future and people got scared. Merging PC and console is exactly what many want, but its a trade off and people don't like the give and take. They like change even less. Sure the twitter post was an unprofessional reaction to frustration due to a bunch of people having childish tantrum-like reactions to a device they still dis not truly understand. Many of us were fine with their vision and I saw the outcry much like the same reaction people had when it was announce that the 360 would only support broadband. MSFT is always ahead of the curve, sometime too far ahead for people to envision. Unfortunately the response has been an endless supply of trolls.

Well said MATE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-Men!!

Sorry, but when people start using words like "draconian" I completely stop listening. It's ridiculous, and shows how the level of maturity in the video gaming world has really become. So we're just going to have to be on opposite ends of this one, as I apparently am not so emotionally attached to video games that I took personally anything Microsoft was trying to do.

Oh and save the hyperbole for someone else. It doesn't work on me. ;)

Trust me, if anyone knows how the business works its Stinger. But I think we all know Gamers are not what they used to be lol

Well, "Apology Tour" or not, it is all just for the publicity. They are doing all they can to gain attention. Why not go out there just to be sympathetic? It is all going to be news and will bring focus on the new XBox One..

Back