Xbox One The Crew's New York is Bigger Than GTA 4's Liberty City

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
One of the games I'm looking forward to, but may be under everyone's radar, seems to be more and more promising with every update.

Ubisoft's upcoming MMO-racer The Crew will feature a version of New York City that's slightly bigger than Grand Theft Auto IV's Liberty City. That's according to the game's lead designer Serkan Hassan, who made the claim when asked whether the game would be supported with additional location DLC in an interview with IGN. He also revealed that New York is just one of around 16 cities that will appear in the finished game...so expect to lose a significant chunk of time if you want to see everything.
[video=youtube_share;5ZMbIwYNlbM]http://youtu.be/5ZMbIwYNlbM[/video]​

"I heard somewhere that if you take one of our fastest cars, tuned to the maximum and floor it on highways only going East Coast to West Coast, it'll take you about 90 minutes real-world time. That's you driving a Lamborghini that's highly-tuned and sticking to freeway routes, which are the most direct."

Is anyone else planning on picking this up or has everyone aligned with either Forza or Need for Speed? I feel that this game is different enough to stand on its own.

Source: IGN

For me it was Forza or wait for this. This looks like soo much fun being an MMO race game. Stinks we have to wait for spring

I don't know which to get. I like playing a few racing games so I don't buy many. So it will either be this or forza. Probably forza as I will get this game next year but probably months after.

I've actually been looking foward to this game to play and mess around on with friends, so im excited to get it when it comes out

If this game works the way that it's been advertised, and I'm a bit worried about launch issues then I'm going to be pretty happy. Everything I've seen makes it look like a game that is improving on the driving genre and finally making it appealing to those outside the genre.

I like the video. Well this game looks good as well as forza and Need for Speed. I have tried Forza so I can say that this will be better than it. I love the car configurator. The cars are well built and it looks more realistic than Forza. Well, I don't mind getting this but I would go for Need for Speed first.

Wow. The map really is bigger. The car designs are sweet. This could possibly be a new rival for Need For Speed. I'll keep an eye on this game. I hope they could release it soon. Does this game have any predecessors? Just to compare it.

I like the video. Well this game looks good as well as forza and Need for Speed. I have tried Forza so I can say that this will be better than it. I love the car configurator. The cars are well built and it looks more realistic than Forza. Well, I don't mind getting this but I would go for Need for Speed first.

Super agree. I would probably get this first.

It looks really good. I've been interested in The Crew since the time that I saw it at E3 and I wish that we had seen more from it, including more gameplay but it sounds better and better the more people talk about it. It's too bad about the delay however, though I'd rather it be delayed than it being a buggy mess.

I'm hoping for really great things when it comes to The Crew. It looks really great and the demo from E3 was really impressive. The question is if they can pull of all that they promised and the delay maybe worrying but yeah I agree. I would rather that the game be delayed and working great then be released and us to have at Battlefield 4 situation on our hands. I'm also hoping that they learn from what we've seen from other online games like what happened to GTA Online.

I'm hoping for really great things when it comes to The Crew. It looks really great and the demo from E3 was really impressive. The question is if they can pull of all that they promised and the delay maybe worrying but yeah I agree. I would rather that the game be delayed and working great then be released and us to have at Battlefield 4 situation on our hands. I'm also hoping that they learn from what we've seen from other online games like what happened to GTA Online.

I guess they'll try to redeem themselves after all this will be their debut game for the new console.

Forza is a must for me, but I wouldn't mind having this, too. I hadn't heard much about this game before this thread but I'm all about a large map. Grand Theft Auto 5's map was epic and I'd love to see more games out there with similar size.

Forza was good but looking at The Crew I'm really hoping that the hype isn't clouding my judgement. I'm usually pretty good at keeping my expectations in check but if they can really pull off all their promising then this will become the must own driving game on any system. So far things look great, but I wish they would release more gameplay.

I'm definitely buying this game! It takes bout 90 minutes just to drive from coast to coast, driving non-stop! So yes, the map is going to be huge!

Oh yeah baby. I am so pumped up to get my hands on this game. I am not that much into driving games, but the open world stuff and freedom to explore places are the two premises too good to not explore.

Back