Xbox One the fighter within (dev chatt)

The kinect seriously does not work like that its glitchy and has tons of bugs about it like not seeing the body of the person or not allowing you to interact a few pretty annoying things if i'm honest but this looks good hopefully it goes well :)

Thanks for posting this, as although a Kinect based fighter might not be a game that's not exactly on my radar of potential games I might purchase, it's always interesting to hear from the developers of a game and see just how they create the things that they do. I will definitely keep an eye out for the game when it is released however.

i think kinect has allot of room for improvment but i feel that its not hardware improvment its the software..

allot of the complaints for kinect are soley based on the 360 kinect...

This is true. No one wants to listen to or understand that even the tech itself behind this Kinect is vastly different than the original. It's not even made by the same company, as Microsoft built it in-house.

All that said, UbiSoft needs to show me with this game that if I want to use more flamboyant martial-arts moves that the game will accommodate me. I have studied martial-arts for many years and I don't want to just throw my leg out a little to kick. If I throw a real kick I want the game to recognize it. If it can give me somewhat of a level of response, I'll be glad to give this a whirl.

What I saw in the video? That's not for me at all.

It was awesome. I have heard that Ubisoft is planning for mutiplayer in this game. I for one am really intrigued to know what the idea behind multiplayer is.

I think this new iteration of the Kinect looks way better than the first one. From what I've seen its pretty much lagless, and really way more precise. However, this game does not look good at all. It really seems as if the Sess is just flailing his arms in front of the camera. It honestly just looks silly, and doesn't really seem to work well at all. The whole kicking and punching to your front but the game being seen from the side doesn't look to natural either.

I think the best use the Kinect 2.0 will have (aside from the whole integration with the TV and Operative System of the XB1) will be as a complement to games controlled with traditional controls. The fact that its bundled with every console means that devs will be counting on their whole userbase having them, so they will be able to freely integrate them into their games without worrying about parting their playerbase.
Imagine a survival-horror game that can learn from your reactions and adapt their shock moments to make them more frightening, or a shooting game that can use your body as a way to control simply the leaning of your character. There are plenty of possibilities aside from 100% kinect based games, don't you think?

Back