The Last of Us requirement of stealth

Esperahol

Now I know some folks aren’t about stealth, but sometimes you just need to give something a try. The selling point for the Last of Us is that the mechanics are solid. When playing cat and mouse, there are seldom any AI trips or glitches and so far fewer restarts are needed. Moreover you will have assistance from the characters grouped with you whether it’s Ellie or Martha. I will admit there is some trial and error, but generally speaking it is doable and of course… you can attempt the guns blazing thing – I don’t advise it, but you can go that route if you really want to. Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

I like stealth in a game when it's a proper mechanic not something shoved in, so far I have not played the game but it looks good. The thing I hate about some games is when it doesn't advertise as a stealth game and then they procceed to introduce a crappy and unfinished stealth section that ruins the game, at least for me.
But honestly if a game has well thought and fleshed out stealth then I will usually go that direction, like I did with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Well no spoilers, but you don't have to worry about this being a last minute addition. The game play is solidly built around not getting caught out by the Infected or other humans using stealth mechanics and good planning. I can honestly say this is one of the best examples of a stealth game I've seen in quite a while - and I live off of stealth (and survival horror).

I've played this game, and actually beat it not too long ago. I agree with you that stealth is needed in this game, for alot of major roles actually. Some examples are hiding from the people trying to kill you, and being careful of not aleting any clickers. You can take the other route and blaze your guns throughout the entire game, but I do not suggest you do that. If you just play the game, like it's supposed to be played, by using stealth, you'll enjoy it much more.

Yeah I agree with you, stealth in this game is massively important and you shouldn't hesitate to take the stealth route instead of the more loud and aggressive one. The developers really handled the AI well in this game. Since ammo can be pretty limited at time throughout the game, I feel it is best to always go ahead and stealth kill more enemies so you can save your ammo for when you really need it.

Back