Xbox One The new Xbox

charlesmm

Though the architectures of the next generation Xbox and PlayStation both resemble that of PCs, several development sources have told us that Sony's is preferable when it comes to leveraging power. Studios working with the next-gen Xbox are currently being forced to work with only approved development libraries, while Sony is encouraging coders to get closer to the metal of its box. Furthermore, the operating system overhead of Microsoft's next console is more oppressive than Sony's equivalent, giving the PlayStation-badged unit another advantage.

Unlike Nintendo, Microsoft is continuing invest heavily in motion-control interface, and anew, more reliably responsive will also ship alongside the next Xbox. Sony's next-generation console camera system is said to have a similar set of features, and is expected to be discussed at the company's PlayStation event of February.

Maybe, next generation will be the best Xbox ever been made.

I agree with a few things you're saying there and have a little to add to others.I'm glad you have spotted that Nintendo has decided NOT to invest further into motion detecting technology (at least not with the WiiU) I think that any developer that was smart saw early on that motion detection while it is fun (for a short period) is not reliable or simple enough technology to replace conventional controllers and I rate Nintendo for realizing that and cutting their losses with the original WiiMote Design, although I am quite fond of it myself.

I also agree that the new Xbox does seem to be quite poppressive in its operating system in that there are all sorts of rumors flying about on how we will not be able to have friends come over with their games as there will be activation codes that lock games to the first console they are played on etc which is a disgrace if I do say so myself! Sharing/swapping and borrowing games is one thing that makes the gaming community a thriving one. I for one was brought up swapping games with mates at school or selling/ them at the market for new ones when I had completed them or even if I just didn't like them.

The specs on the PS3 do look very impressive and at the moment, based on those specs and some of the footage I've seen of the reveal recently, I'm backing the PS3.
I am very interested to see what Microsoft are going to do here as I feel it could either make or break the XBOX franchise.

The specs on the new PS4 are very impressive but I'm going to withhold any judgement until Microsoft releases specs of their new console. Motion capture games serve a small segment of gamers that it probably brings in a small profit. Another thing is how MS will further innovate the tech and what it can do for new and old games that most people wouldn't think would be possible.

What we can look forward to is something in which next-gen consoles are going to be as powerful as PC's and physical media will be heading towards being second level means of aquiring your games.

The specs on the new PS4 are very impressive but I'm going to withhold any judgement until Microsoft releases specs of their new console. Motion capture games serve a small segment of gamers that it probably brings in a small profit. Another thing is how MS will further innovate the tech and what it can do for new and old games that most people wouldn't think would be possible.

What we can look forward to is something in which next-gen consoles are going to be as powerful as PC's and physical media will be heading towards being second level means of aquiring your games.

Yea the specs of the PS4 is very impressive in my opinion but i am also going to withhold any judgement until Microsoft releases specs of their new console.. Can't wait to see the next generation on consoles.

I don't see graphics getting much better then they do now unless the gaming community come up with another way to do its graphics. Over the past 20 of years we have seen graphics increase by at least 1000 times. However in only the past couple of years the companies like Microsoft and Sony have only been able to up those number by 20-25% every year. We need to move from a polygon and hexagon system and look more towards the atom textures. It will take a lot of processing power, but I feel we are close to making this jump in the next couple of years.

I would really love to see great improvements on graphics but I agree, that's not gonna happen in the near future. Gaming companies want to make the biggest profit so they're not willing to make huge improvements in a short period of time. They want us to keep spending so they won't make any big change.

Back