Xbox One The next Microsoft console will be named...

ZaneCloud

Former Moderator
From
South Africa
Website
titangaming.co.za
Xbox Infinity

XboxInfinity_72049_screen.jpg

...according to a report by the UK arm of the International Business Times.

Unnamed sources, who are believed to be involved in the development of the new console,
confirmed to the publication that the new hardware will simply be called Xbox Infinity.
These claims mirror those of a reportedly leaked image, which recently appeared on the Reddit website.

IBTimes UK sources also revealed that development units have already been made available to software developer partners.
Previous rumours suggested that some of Microsoft's next-generation titles may have been cancelled,
while others may be as much as six months behind schedule.

Microsoft is expected to officially unveil its next home console to the public at its event on May 21.
Rumors have circulated for months regarding the branding that the Redmond, Washington, software giant will elect to use for the Xbox 360's successor,
with Xbox 720, the Next Xbox, and the device's development codename, Durango all being used in lieu of any official moniker.

GameSpot contacted Microsoft seeking clarification, but a spokesperson declined, saying, "We do not comment on rumours or speculation.
We are always thinking about what is next for our platform, but we don't have anything further to share at this time."

Seems like a corny name, and used a lot.
Corny slogan as well, but hey, whatever floats their boat.

Seems like a corny name, and used a lot.
Corny slogan as well, but hey, whatever floats their boat.

haha gaming consoles always have stupid names, it's kinda tradition at this point. Being said I'd still MUCH MUCH rather infinite then 720

Infinity? sigh... reminds me of Buzz Lightyear, and I agree it's an over-used term. We all know there is not going to be infinite possibilities with the 720 console, but it is going to still be awesome.

Probably better than 720, which I think would have been a bit silly. Although it makes you wonder where they can go from here when it comes to naming the generation of consoles after the Xbox Infinity. At least 720 offered a natural progression path to 1080 or 1440. With Infinity the next step is...Infinity plus one?

Rolls better than Xbox 720, but Xbox 360 wasn't that good either.
Not that i mind the name, if they get some good exclusives on it, they can even call it Xbox1080!

Probably better than 720, which I think would have been a bit silly. Although it makes you wonder where they can go from here when it comes to naming the generation of consoles after the Xbox Infinity. At least 720 offered a natural progression path to 1080 or 1440. With Infinity the next step is...Infinity plus one?

Lol exactly, they will need to think of something greater than infinity for the console after that, such a poor choice.

Don't like it. As someone said above, it'll be hard to resist saying "Xbox Infinity... and BEYOND!"

Meh, it's not too bad. It could've been way worse! I hope the next next gen (know what I'm sayin'?) Xbox is either called "Infinity+1" or "Infinity and Beyond".

Meh, it's not too bad. It could've been way worse! I hope the next next gen (know what I'm sayin'?) Xbox is either called "Infinity+1" or "Infinity and Beyond".

I kind of like Infinity and Beyond. Lol. But hey these are just speculations and I think that Microsoft is just testing the waters. Maybe they are trying to see how gamers would react to the name. If they see that gamers don't like it, probably they would shift to another one.

Infinity!!
Does this mean its going to last forever?
or does it mean once they have me I am going to be paying forever lol
I suppose its a bit more imaginative than 720.

Back