The PS4 Won't Be Out in Japan Until Next Year

SiNAR 212

N3RDC0RE
From
MI
wow...now since the X1 went through SO much backlash. The Japanese has GOTTA be pissed about this. Yeah I know thye are going to have more content but the way people were complaining about have to wait a few months for the X1....they are...i mean they HAVE to be pissed about this.

The PlayStation 4 is launching this November in the West. It won't be out in Japan until 2014.P

The console is launching in Japan on February 22, 2014. P

The console is priced at 41,979 yen (with tax), which is $420. The PlayStation 4 bundled with the PlayStation Camera is 46,179 yen (with tax) or $460.
Sony has a special launch bundle for Japan called the PlayStation 4 First Limited Pack. Priced the same as the other consoles, it comes with Knack, free of charge. P

According to Sony, the reason for the later launch is that Sony wants more time to have more "content" (games, probably) ready for the Japanese market at launch. P

With the Xbox One also not launching in Japan this year, Sony has no reason to rush.

Oh and I like how they call that Bundle that lol

Source - http://kotaku.com/the-ps4-wont-be-out-in-japan-until-next-year-1276481775

Ha. That sucks for Japan. They get their fare share of exclusives and early releases with video games so it is nice that we finally get something significant before them. Don't you think? Does anyone plan on buying a few PS3's and selling them on the web?

Ps3's or 4's? Because I can't see much value in buying and reselling ps3's.

I was thinking that's what he meant to. Just wanted to double check as he may have had some inside info on ps3 :)

I'll be honest here: it's pretty friggin odd that a Japanese system is being releasing later in Japan. I guess the western markets are that much bigger now?

I am actually surprised that the Playstation 4 will be released in Japan so late. Japan is usually one of the first to get any new technology from America. I know that will be anxiously waiting and anticipating, just as we have.

Generally Japan gets things first, so this is strange. I can imagine that they are quite upset because Sony is a Japanese company that is very popular in its home country. It wouldn't be as big of a deal with with Microsoft because the Japanese don't support them as much as they do Sony and Nintendo.

Generally Japan gets things first, so this is strange. I can imagine that they are quite upset because Sony is a Japanese company that is very popular in its home country. It wouldn't be as big of a deal with with Microsoft because the Japanese don't support them as much as they do Sony and Nintendo.

Seeing how many region exclusive games they will be getting like usual, i guess it's just so that the launch can be one step further in terms of preparation. I wouldn't mind waiting a little more if they would release more titles in the west.

Back