Xbox One The Telegraph: Xbox One hands-on

FordGTGuy

From
Portsmouth, VA
microxcropped_2569605b.jpg

“Mixed” would be an apposite description of Microsoft’s E3. After a strong conference that detailed a slew of exciting and varied games, Sony rained on the Xbox One’s parade by undercutting the price and declaring they would not be following suit on Microsoft’s online and pre-owned policies. This then forced Microsoft into a u-turn, announcing they would not be incorporating these restrictions after all, meaning no online check-in and you are able to share and sell your disc-based games freely. It’s a real shame these controversial policies and resulting fallout have taken the sheen off an otherwise stellar E3, and these are issues that will be discussed and deliberated until the Xbox One launches in November. But what of the console itself?

Read More:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/10138205/Xbox-One-hands-on.html

I agree with the design, it looks pretty sleek, and retro, and I'm a big fan of the design. For the controller, I can't really judge much, but from the videos I've seen, and the descriptions I've read, I feel like it will be a huge improvement compared to the 360. The only complaint I have about it is the weight of it. I'm not a fan of light controllers for some odd reason. Still a bit unknowledgeable on the Kinect 2.0, and cloud-computing but I've heard many people joking about Kinect always watching you, and listening to you which I find a bit odd. Anyways, it comes free with the Xbox One which is pretty great, right? I'm most excited for the games though, they have better exclusives to offer than the PS4 which is a big reason why I'm still considering buying the Xbox One on release date. Policy-wise, I hear a lot of people complaining why they reverted all the policies. It was hated upon throughout the community, so Microsoft listened, and yet, people are still complaining. Noone can please the gaming community nowadays.

I think you need a mix of weight for any controller really, nothing too light that you are going to break it along with nothing too heavy that is going to make you put it down and never pick it back up again. System wise I think we are only going to know when we get to test it out, and I am sure there will be some surprises too.

Back