The Wii U drops to £150 ($227) in the UK

Medza

So the sale of the Wii U in the UK has been pretty abysmal, but it looks like this price drop has been the right thing to revitalise the UK market. After the price dropped on amazon the Wii U overtook the Xbox 360 in sales by 875%! This led to Amazon UK very quickly running out of stock, but this is no longer the case as they have been replenished and available for order.

Now then, does this mean that the price will drop elsewhere round the world? And also will it bring long time stability for the console? I think only time will tell but I guess we will have to wait and see as to what happens next.With new great games coming out soon, I think that the console will really see a spurt in popularity and might become a serious contender with the PS4 and the Xbox One.

I hear you man.
I really like the Wii U but honestly the price has made it that little bit too unattractive for me to buy into it and personally will be waiting till it at least comes down to about £99 (don't mind if its 2nd hand).

Oh goodness, I never realized how much the Wii U actually costed! Which version is it? At the moment, I only see an 8gig and 32gig, so if the 32 gig dropped to $227, that is very impressive. It's currently about $350 on Amazon for the US, so hopefully, they'll drop the price here too. I think a lot of people were dissatisfied with the price of it, including me, but also the library of games. Even though people bought the console, they'll only be playing 2-3 games until they stop using the console. I think they should lower the price, and focus on making games for the Wii U for the next year or so.

Abou time. The Wii U has been selling horribly worldwide since it has been released and one of fe main factors was its price. It's great to see that the price has been lowered in Europe so it's sales can pick up as Nintendo desperately needs it. Still, it would really help Nintendo if the same happened in North America. With the PS4 and Xbox One set to be released this holiday season, Nintendo needs to make a change.

Back