Xbox 360 Thinking about Kinect

Micci

I have just the regular XBox-360 but I'm thinking of getting the Kinect. I've seen commercials for some of the games and they look pretty awesome. I would love to lose the controller and have the game just use my motions to control what I do on the screen.

Is the kinect really like this? I mean I don't believe everything I see on TV and before I spend that kind of money I would like to be sure it's worth it.

I also don't have Kinect yet but I'm contemplating on buying one as well. I think there is a controller that is attached on the player or else Kinect will not know the player if there are a lot of people in the room.

I think you are right but it's not something that you have to hold on to. That is what sold me when I first heard of it. I know some x-box can be transferred over to the Kinect if you buy something special for it.

I wonder about the Kinect being as awesome as it seems on TV, too. I've heard of people having problems with it recognizing their body's movements.

Really? The motion sensor doesn't recognize their movements? I have not heard that from anyone yet - but I bet it's true. I know with all the systems we have the remotes are not the best. I'm going to ask around to see if anyone is having problems with it.

Really? The motion sensor doesn't recognize their movements? I have not heard that from anyone yet - but I bet it's true. I know with all the systems we have the remotes are not the best. I'm going to ask around to see if anyone is having problems with it.

I think it's probably normally pretty good, but occasionally it goes wonky. Nobody IRL has said anything about it to me, but people I've talked to online have had issues. I wonder if it depends on what kind of game you're playing?

Nothing is perfect. if you move to fast the sensors don't catch the entire movement so it's not like looking in the mirror at all times. It's kinda cool though, you should try it.

Back