Xbox One This is What Xbox One's Achievements Look Like

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Love it or hate it, here it is. I'm not a fan of the color, but it is what it is.

XBOX ONE​
ir4F5kJffCbZM.gif

XBOX 360
itJNgt5H8dbQV.gif

Achievement unlocked notification already looked pretty damn good on Xbox 360 so we can’t imagine how Microsoft might have improved it any further. As you can see below, Microsoft has not only managed to make it look better, it also doesn’t seem to disrupt the flow of action on screen.

This shouldn't really matter that much on the larger scale to anyone, but I'm sure there will be a vocal few. What do you guys think?

Edit: Microsoft has confirmed the achievement background color is customizable and will match the color scheme you choose for your dashboard tiles.

via Gear Nuke

Really doesn't matter what it looks like to me...I just like when it pops up out of nowhere and have that "what the heck did I just do?" moment. I usually try and read what the chevos are. I dislike "secret" chevos though. Usually have to go online to find out what they are. Not anymore with the new Machinima App coming soon!!

Really doesn't matter what it looks like to me...I just like when it pops up out of nowhere and have that "what the heck did I just do?" moment. I usually try and read what the chevos are. I dislike "secret" chevos though. Usually have to go online to find out what they are. Not anymore with the new Machinima App coming soon!!

I don't mine the secret ones since they're mindful of spoilers.

i have never understood why in match games they dont do it like an acheivment screen when they give the stats of the round.

say your in killer instint and you unlock after that match/round when it does the win screen it shows you what acheivments it unlocks..

as far as live play or bigger world games the acheivment thing never bothered me.. im not a fan of that billiard green tho i do like the cup.. it seems very out of place but thats proably because of being use to how the 360 looks. the white on the 360 looks good but feels outdated or very bland.

...i prefer the old one.

Why does the new pop-up have to take so long? Why appear "achievement unlocked" and then the name of the achievement, following by a complete unnecessary "hold button for details". Just put everything in the same frame and be along with it.

I don't mine the secret ones since they're mindful of spoilers.

Usually, but sometimes they're really dumb. When it's to hide spoilers it's great, though. But there's ones like... I'm thinking of Disgaea 3 on Vita, ALL the trophies are hidden for no good reason. Most extreme case I can think of, dunno if there's anything as extreme on 360 but there definitely are a handful of dumb "secret" achievements on some 360 games.

Anyway, back on track. The new achievement pop-up looks kinda odd, but it's all good as long as it's consistent with what the entire Xbox One's UI looks like. It probably looks odd to me because I haven't seen the rest of the interface yet.

Yes!I pause the game instantly (unless playimg multiplayer) and go to the achievements to see what I just did.

I think it's a little bit of an upgrade from the older one, but you can read the older one a whole lot more. Not based on this image, but the dark color background with the light text is just so hard to read when you're playing at night. Ugh, eye strain!

I think it's a little bit of an upgrade from the older one, but you can read the older one a whole lot more. Not based on this image, but the dark color background with the light text is just so hard to read when you're playing at night. Ugh, eye strain!

Turns out the color is customizable and matches whatever you chose for the dashboard

Well, I like that the new one will be more customizable than the old one, but just comparing those two specifically... I like the older one better. It's easier to read.

I like the look of it, but I wish it offered more. :| I've never really been an achievement hunter myself. Although I am very happy they are apart of the game. Always add interesting ways of playing the game itself.

I purchased the Wii U when it first came out. Really sad they did not incorporate them.

The ability to change the color is a good idea.

The biggest positive I see about the new one is that it appears to be a lot smaller than the xbox 360 ones. It's odd that they have it stay on the screen longer though.

I'm also glad they kept in the 'press the xbox button to see details' option. More often than not I'll hit the xbox button to get details on what it was I just unlocked.

I kinda like it, its smaller then the 360 one and i like how you can change the color of it.. i dont like how it says "Hold for details" though.

I like the more minimal and aesthetic appearance but that is one ugly colour... Forest green?? Why not a humble white or brighter green? I hope you can customise the interface like this because that'll make the XBOne so much more appealing to me.

I like the more minimal and aesthetic appearance but that is one ugly colour... Forest green?? Why not a humble white or brighter green? I hope you can customise the interface like this because that'll make the XBOne so much more appealing to me.

The color for achievements and the dash are customizable

Back