Thoughts about Series S 1TB and Starfield

DJinTX

So this is my first post here. Getting back into gaming after many years. I have a One S but was reassigned to my 11 year old about a year ago as I had no time to play. Also, since 2018, I’ve been following first the rumors, then eventually actual announcements regarding Starfield and have been obsessed with this game. Enough so that I pre-ordered a Series S 1TB in preparation for the Starfield launch. Can’t wait!

I’m sure some here would throw up caution flags and tell me the Series S is junk, but it will work for me. The X is tempting with its power, however I don’t expect to have tons of gaming time with two kids.

Just wondering, does anyone have experience with pre-ordering a console from Microsoft? I’m wondering if they ever start shipping early?

Also, how long before launch do critic game reviews start appearing? I find myself wanting to start consuming mass amounts of data related to this game but nothing available to help pass the time.

Thanks,
DJ

Last edited:
Did you order from Microsoft directly? There is no way to know if the hardware will ship before the release date. If it does, it will be a nice bonus, but I wouldn't bet on it. The reviews usually start coming out a few days before the release, but there is a ton of news about Starfield already.

As far as power the series s isn’t as good as the series x but it’s not bad really. I’ve got one, but just ordered a used series x from eBay for under 400 bucks shipped. Looks love I can sell my series s for about 200. So not too bad for an upgrade.

Back