Xbox One Thoughts on D4?

ozadin

D4 is an upcoming exclusive game for the Xbox One. The trailer doesn't look so great to be honest, and the graphics look VERY similar to Borderlands 2. I feel that the game will be a big disappointment considering the graphics, and the fighting mechanics.

[video=youtube;Qq5dB4OhBLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq5dB4OhBLY[/video]

Any thoughts on this game? Will it be a good game with impressive graphics and sidequests or will it just be another generic action game?

only the graphics of the girl remind me of bl2... it actually looks like controls of ryse to be honest.. where you may have to hit x,a to kill an enemy in battle.. where its more videographed play and not a button hiting or trigger pulling game. i wouldnt take the graphics as horrible just yet... you dont know how it was compressed or pulled off to be converted and quality could have been lost.. with it being next gen the worst thing to do would be crapy graphics even if it is cartoonish... the can do a a ton of work on shading,smoothing to make it look artistic and really well.

boarderlands2 has decent graphics for the game and type of art they use... the only time it comes into play is with a ton of enemy's and exploding bombs on the feild that take away from the artistic layout.. could it be improved upon sure will it be if another is released yup... but dont sell this game short yet based on that trailer.

only the graphics of the girl remind me of bl2... it actually looks like controls of ryse to be honest.. where you may have to hit x,a to kill an enemy in battle.. where its more videographed play and not a button hiting or trigger pulling game. i wouldnt take the graphics as horrible just yet... you dont know how it was compressed or pulled off to be converted and quality could have been lost.. with it being next gen the worst thing to do would be crapy graphics even if it is cartoonish... the can do a a ton of work on shading,smoothing to make it look artistic and really well.

boarderlands2 has decent graphics for the game and type of art they use... the only time it comes into play is with a ton of enemy's and exploding bombs on the field that take away from the artistic layout.. could it be improved upon sure will it be if another is released yup... but dont sell this game short yet based on that trailer.

This is what I thought when I watched the trailer. I'm not a fan of cel shading myself, but I found Borderlands to be a fun experience. With all those QTEs though it reminds me of Ryse a lot, just a little more interesting and ambiguous. I'm going to have my eye on this title.

I did try D4 but found it to be an incomplete experience. The main reason being that it was the game's first episode and at the time there was no further news about any follow up games. But some of my friends likes it very much.

Back