Xbox One Thoughts on sequels/prequels and the new IPs

diamondback8

So we've all been going about revivals, sequels, prequels and new games separately so let's put it together and ask: What are your thought on sequels/prequels and new IP?
Personally, I'm in for the sequel/prequels as long as they don't suck, not like they're just rehashes, they have a vital point and they're good. As for new IP, I hope that they don't suck at all. What are your thoughts? We're entering the next-gen so this is where new IPs may go but there's chances of sequels and prequels coming too so any thoughts>?

I'd like a good sequel/prequel from an original XBox game. If done right, could be a big seller.

J

I like prequels/sequels and HD remakes. I have no problem with those at all.

I'm all for prequels/sequels. It's lower risk decent reward for series whereas a new IP is high risk/high reward. Like you can put out a good game that doesn't do well whereas with a sequel most of the time you're going to continue it even if it doesn't pan out too well.

I've been weary on prequels, but I like sequels and of course new IPs. Sequels tend to work for me if they're direct sequels and not "spiritual successors." The only one I liked was Red Dead Redemption.

Sequels and prequels are okay. I'd prefer new IPs, but as NuclearDragon said they are kind of risky in that the ball could be dropped easily.

Sequels and prequels are okay. I'd prefer new IPs, but as NuclearDragon said they are kind of risky in that the ball could be dropped easily.

Yeah, good new titles are better, why, it's honestly about curiosity thinking about how the game is.

I prefer a mixture of all of them. If a game is really good, I want more from the same franchise like sequels, prequels, and spin-offs. However, I also want to see new IPs from time to time, even though a game is good doesn't mean developers should milk the franchise to death. As great as a game can be, there will be a time when I can get bored at it.

The other thing with new IPs is that in some cases they should get sequels. You just don't know, the first game might be bad or be average at best and really hit it out of the park in the sequel.

A mix of them. But I do hate it when a game just keeps getting sequels and they're nothing but rehashes or downgrades to the original game. But a good mix of them is good for me.

A mix of them. But I do hate it when a game just keeps getting sequels and they're nothing but rehashes or downgrades to the original game. But a good mix of them is good for me.

Yeah, I agree. But it's a lot better if they can make sequels but with an original plot. Something way different than the previous game.

Yeah, I agree. But it's a lot better if they can make sequels but with an original plot. Something way different than the previous game.

Then that makes it a standalone sequel right? Yeah, I agree. I hate it when the sequel has a rehash of the original game's plot. C'mon, we know the twists, the turns, the patterns... can't there a new story now? Those sequels I really hate.

Then that makes it a standalone sequel right? Yeah, I agree. I hate it when the sequel has a rehash of the original game's plot. C'mon, we know the twists, the turns, the patterns... can't there a new story now? Those sequels I really hate.

There should be a new story in every game sequel they make. Much better if they had new characters.

I've seen a really original game just posted by someone on this forum site. It was a game about a detective who was killed and after he died he has to continue on his investigation on why he was killed and who did it. Some cool possession stuff going on. Can't remember the title. Haha.

Back