Xbox One Titanfall video discusses story-based multiplayer

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Check out the new video for Titanfall. One of the games producers, Drew McCoy talks about how the company came up with the idea behind Titanfall. In addition, he discusses how the narrative story progresses even while playing multiplayer, which I think is going to make for an interesting twist on your normal game. I don't know if there's any other game whose story progresses while in multiplayer, do you?

[video=youtube;oqx9kzs7tJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqx9kzs7tJw[/video]

Via ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Awesome find! Thanks for sharing.

The story based multiplayer is a very original idea. I'm not sure how well it'll translate but I'm intrigued. It can't possibly be traditional matchmaking because wouldn't it get tiring to see the same opening cutscene/ mission briefing before starting a game. There's still more to be revealed but I can't wait.

Good find jstep7262! I have been looking for new news on this game and it maybe one I get when it comes out.

Brink tried the same thing, and it'll probably pan out just as well. Have a story in multiplayer is really difficult to pull off, especially if it's a first person shooter, so I doubt it'll end up being anything revolutionary.

IMG_3063.jpg
IMG_3074.jpg

I was so close to playing Titanfall, but as you can see the line was approximately 5 hours long. Very upsetting!

i like the game and the idea is cool.. im just getting burnt out of the every few weeks info is comming out about it. its not a launch title its a spring 2014 title. i like the move for 1st quarter of 2014 but i think they are just trying to milk every aspect of how the game is and keep it in peoples mind. by the time it comes out we will almost know 90% of the game. their is already people who have saved video clip and know the 2 maps..

it is a game i want to get and that is why i am glad its a spring title but start pushing it like crazy come december/january.. right now its bf4/cod/forza5/ac4

View attachment 2296
View attachment 2297

I was so close to playing Titanfall, but as you can see the line was approximately 5 hours long. Very upsetting!

if that was from pax their was an interview with rev3 games saying with 5 hours left for the convention they had already closed the titanfall play line because it was that far out. it was 5 hour backup within 45 min of the door opening at pax iirc.

if that was from pax their was an interview with rev3 games saying with 5 hours left for the convention they had already closed the titanfall play line because it was that far out. it was 5 hour backup within 45 min of the door opening at pax iirc.

Actually believe it or not this was from the GameStop Convention in Vegas. If I recall correctly it was 8 players at a time for 15 min game play. It took 4 ever, and didn't bother waiting in line.

I just wish that there was a SP counter part of it, but I am happy with what they have showcased us so far. It's going to be a really amazing game. I will keep my eyes peeled for more update and info.

I just wish that there was a SP counter part of it, but I am happy with what they have showcased us so far. It's going to be a really amazing game. I will keep my eyes peeled for more update and info.

Well the only campaign is still focused on making it seem like single-player. Other players will be mixed in among a load of AI players to give you the large scale sense of playing through campaign.

I wish they'd show new stuff. I don't know about you guys but it seems they're showing the same map and same 3 guns every time. I'm impressed with the game but I need something new to see.
Anyone agree?

Ah man, for moments i thought i read "Titan Creation Mode". It would be so awesome creating your own personal mech to fight on multiplayer. Like the gun modifications on Black Ops.

Yeah, it'd be better if they actually had single player. It'll be really hard to convey story in a multiplayer environment.

I wish they'd show new stuff. I don't know about you guys but it seems they're showing the same map and same 3 guns every time. I'm impressed with the game but I need something new to see.
Anyone agree?

There was a video going around before that showed three different titan classes and three different pilot classed, along with all their individual weapons.

There was a video going around before that showed three different titan classes and three different pilot classed, along with all their individual weapons.

Really? Do you have a link or something? I haven't seen anything new.
I'm curious to see what the other guns are.

Back