Xbox 360 Transfer data question.

Zambonie

I have searched around quite a bit, but have not found any information directly answering my question. Not sure if I am searching the right way.

But anyways... I will give the run down.

I have 2 360's. One of them is an offline unit (for kids). I will connect my profile to it online on occasion and purchase games or dlc. I know this content is married to that 360. However, I am looking to upgrade the harddrive in it from a 120GB to 320GB. Now, my question is. If I use a transfer cable, will the new harddrive affect the married content and making it where I have to log into my profile to use that content, or will it transfer the console license with it and it will work as normal?

I am trying to avoid having to use my profile on the kid's console to use the content I purchase with my account.

Not sure if I explained it correctly.

I believe that if you use a transfer cable the licenses are transferred too. I am not too sure, though, but I believe that is how it works.

Would be great to have someonse else confirm/deny.

Hi, to transfer content licences associated with your console you must sign in to the console with the profile used to purchase the content. Once signed in go to Settings > account > billing options and select licence transfer following the on screen instructions to transfer the licences to the new console so other profiles can use the content. Content can not be transfered across profiles only across consoles - hope this helps

Back