Xbox One Updates on Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6: Patriots

thecreed4life

So probably a lot of you wondering: what is going on with this damn game? Why aren't there any announcements with this? Well here's some news, courtesy of the Wiki page (along with the sources):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy's_Rainbow_6:_Patriots

After finding "reason to believe that someone may leak [their] preliminary target gameplay footage", Ubisoft chose to pre-maturely announce the game through a trailer on November 4, 2011. It was stressed that the trailer showed a pre-rendered concept created in 2010 of what a level in the final game might appear like, rather than footage of any current game build.[5]
In March 2012, it was announced that creative director David Sears, narrative director Richard Rouse III, lead designer Philippe Therien, and animation director Brent George were all removed from the development team.[6] Minimal news on the game appeared until, May 2013, when GameStop removed Patriots from their database of upcoming games and cancelled all pre-orders.[7]
At E3 2013, Ubisoft confirmed that the game remained in development, but would now be produced for eighth generation consoles.[8] It has also been confirmed that players will also be able to play as the True Patriots in some capacity.
Patriots is currently being developed by Ubisoft Montreal with assistance from Ubisoft Toronto and Red Storm.[9]

So basically, Ubisoft is trying to get the true meaning to what it means to make this game the Rainbow Six. Well, all we can do is wait and see what they can do.

Ahhh... so that's why. Well, still glad the game is getting developed. I'm just wondering how it's gonna be like when release day approaches.

Seriously Ubi?! Get of your ass and finish this. I still pop in RSV2 from time to time to play Terrorist Hunt with friends. Heck, people STILL play the online multiplayer and the game came out around this time in 2008! We need/desperately want a new Rainbow Six title. Although I'd have to take like a week long vacation if/when it does come out because you won't be able to pull me away from my console!! :)

Seriously Ubi?! Get of your ass and finish this. I still pop in RSV2 from time to time to play Terrorist Hunt with friends. Heck, people STILL play the online multiplayer and the game came out around this time in 2008! We need/desperately want a new Rainbow Six title. Although I'd have to take like a week long vacation if/when it does come out because you won't be able to pull me away from my console!! :)

Same here. I will have a lot of time for this game once it's out because I will save more time for it.

Wahahahaha. Vegas 2 is that popular huh? A friend of mine suggested I copy his game one time 'cuz he was so eager to get it on with me on multiplayer. Guess Rainbow Six really matters a lot.

Vegas 2 is still getting the fans. Yup, you right sparky: Rainbow Six STILL matters.

Wahahahaha. Vegas 2 is that popular huh? A friend of mine suggested I copy his game one time 'cuz he was so eager to get it on with me on multiplayer. Guess Rainbow Six really matters a lot.

Yes it does. It's just one of the best games that I've played in a long time.

Better hope Ubisoft does it justice. It'll be quite a while before we see this Patriots entry get released.

I hope so. I mean man, they have to, unless the game would be pointless to play.

Yeah, that's gonna suck. There's a COD, Battlefield and now, Titanfall. Does Ubisoft got more tricks up their sleeves to really make it awesome for us? We'll see.

Yeah, that's gonna suck. There's a COD, Battlefield and now, Titanfall. Does Ubisoft got more tricks up their sleeves to really make it awesome for us? We'll see.

We shall see indeed. Better hope it's got something new and not some "same old, same old" stuff.

Or no, hope they don't turn Rainbow Six as another Assassin's Creed!

I hope not man. I've been a fan of Rainbow six for the longest time. It would really be bad to see another mishap like what happened to assassin's creed.

I hope not man. I've been a fan of Rainbow six for the longest time. It would really be bad to see another mishap like what happened to assassin's creed.

It won't be like Assassins creed man. (Keeping my fingers crossed)

Right? Oh boy. No no no no. I don't want it to happen. I don't want it to be Assassin's Creed. Ubisoft, you'd better not do it.

Right? Oh boy. No no no no. I don't want it to happen. I don't want it to be Assassin's Creed. Ubisoft, you'd better not do it.

But considering they've taken a while to consider making Rainbow Six, I guess it means that they're taking careful consideration to really make this game awesome then.

Back