Original Xbox Upgrading to a 360

Nala

Has anyone here upgraded from an original Xbox to an Xbox 360? I've got a friend who has an original Xbox and refuses to upgrade, because he's sure that as soon as he does Microsoft will come out with a new version. :p I'm trying to convince him that he needs to upgrade!

So, to those who upgraded: did you regret upgrading?

I upgraded from the very first month the Xbox 360 was released. I don't regret at all. My opinion is that we should use our money responsibly, but also purchase things that deserve being purchased. I don't necessarily need to have the latest gaming gadgets, but Microsoft won me with the original Xbox, and I was convinced that its successor would probably beat all competition. You can't spend your life avoiding the latest technology for fear that it may evolve too fast for you.

I have both the X-box and the X-box 360 and I love them both. We play a lot of the old games on the X-box. We aren't buying any new games for it either. I did not regret getting the 360 at all. Technology is always changing for the better.

If you do not buy new things, for fear of upgrades, you are going to be missing out greatly! Does that friend still have only VHS movies, black and white televisions, and a record player? I doubt it, because they have all been upgraded for better quality. So, you need to upgrade on occassion, for better quality!

If you do not buy new things, for fear of upgrades, you are going to be missing out greatly! Does that friend still have only VHS movies, black and white televisions, and a record player? I doubt it, because they have all been upgraded for better quality. So, you need to upgrade on occassion, for better quality!

...he does actually still have a large VHS collection, actually. It's kind of embarrassing! He's got a few DVDs from newer stuff that's been released, but he's got WAY more VHS tapes. At least he's got a color TV, though. :p

The 360 has been out for over 5 years...so...anyone still pledging allegiance to the original alone is way past the upgrade time. I never played on the original Xbox, but from what I can gather, the 360 has better games and graphics and hello, achievements!

Of course you should upgrade! Or maybe just wait a few years until the Xbox 720 comes out and jump over a generation :). In all seriousness though, you're missing out on a lot of great games if you don't have a 360.

Of course you should upgrade! Or maybe just wait a few years until the Xbox 720 comes out and jump over a generation :). In all seriousness though, you're missing out on a lot of great games if you don't have a 360.

The 720 release might be closer than you think! From what I've read so far it would appear that they plan on a 2013 launch which is why Microsoft are trying to sell 360 on a payment plan right now.

Both the 720 and the PS4 are underway. The question is, will Nintendo finally get in line with their console or will they continue to be the cheaper and more casual alternative. I miss the SNES days when they reigned supreme.

gotta keep with the times. the nostalgia is great but so many great games come out year after year

Back