Xbox 360 Use the Xbox Kinect to find a perfect pair of jean

shadee

A Bloomingdale's in California just launched the use of a program using the Xbox Kinect to build a 3D model of a customer's body. You just step into a Bodymatrix scanner and it takes 200 different measurements. You will then be told what your best feature is and styles to avoid. The 3d images can be seen on your ipad as a 3D mannequin weaing the style of jeans of your choice.

Interesting! I doubt that it is something you will see across the country immediately, but I bet one day that you will never actually have to try on clothes ever again.

I'm not sold, I don't think I want to buy pants without trying them on first because I need the right *feel*. I'm also not so sure I want to show my junk sans pantalons and send it to anyone, ever, ya know? I'll definitely need convincing by friends and family to give this one a try.

It sounds like an interesting concept. It is pretty much the same concept that runs The Biggest Loser video game. They scan your body and tell you what your problem areas are so that they can give you a customized fitness plan. I can see not needing to try things on anymore. It sure would save me a lot of time.

It sounds interesting. However, I probably won't be trying it any time soon unless they bring it over to the east coast of the United States. I would imagine that this would also cost a ton of money to do. A ton of money that I do not have!

This is so awesome! I bet the ladies are very intrigued by the idea but I have to admit I'm curious to try this out too. I don't buy clothes online and I do prefer to try them on but this would save me a lot of time searching for the perfect pair.

I'm not sold, I don't think I want to buy pants without trying them on first because I need the right *feel*. I'm also not so sure I want to show my junk sans pantalons and send it to anyone, ever, ya know? I'll definitely need convincing by friends and family to give this one a try.

Exactly, I wouldn't let a machine tell me what fits me best and what doesn't either. But I know many people that will probably follow what it tells them to the letter as if it was God's word. Sort of like all those Oprah followers.

Back