Xbox 360 Violence - where do you draw the line?

I don't have any problems with violence in video games. What's strange about this is that I'm not a big fan of violent movies, and I don't watch horror movies or ones that are excessively gory. It must be something to do with the fact that it's in games, it's happening to a computer generated image instead of an actor, and I become somewhat desensitized to the violence because of this.

Nowhere. They're just games. If you don't like them, don't play them. I'm surprised there aren't more games where you can kill children. People would still buy them and play them, perhaps even more so.

If the game is just pure bloody and gorey, I will not play it. Say for example, you slice a body, and intestines, organs, and blood come out everywhere. If that is in a game, I would not play it.
I haven't seen much of them though, so that's a good sign.

Do you agree that some games for Xbox are just too violent? I know the gaming experience has to be as close to reality as possible but these games can harm people if they don't pay attention.
Where do you draw the line when it comes to 'violent' games?

There should never be a line, once those lines start to be drawn your bordering on censorship and who wants that?. A game can be as bloody, or as violent as it wants to be, the rating for the game is on the box, from that point forward it's parents responsibility to monitor what their children are playing. This question can also be asked...are movies just too violent? why stop at games?

Back