Xbox 360 Virtual Reality Gaming With New Headset?

Zelda

Microsoft has been issued this new patent that sounds very interesting. I've seen it called glasses, but it's really a headset that would offer a virtual reality gaming experience. It's only a patent, though, so there's no way of knowing how it will be incorporated into Xbox products. Some people are guessing that it's going to be specifically for the Kinect. Others think it's for the next version of the Xbox.

I have yet to see it but I still think the technology just might not be there yet. At least for the average gamer. If you think about it, how many people are going to be able to afford something this awesome unless they are "adult gamers" with a "good paying job".

I would guess that it will be fairly expensive when it first comes out. That happens with every new technology. Then, most people will play the waiting game as the price slowly drops. It's rather exciting, though, to think of these new technologies that are in the pipeline.

I have not heard anything about this. Virtual gaming with headgear sounds pretty cool. I can only imagine the accidents that could happen, though! If people are clumsy enough to throw a Wii mote into a tv or accidentally punch a friend, just imagine the crazy things that could happen with a virtual headset on.

I read something about the images being somewhat transparent. I guess that would be a plus since you could navigate your actual surroundings and avoid accidents like you're talking about. Having said that, I feel like it takes away from the virtual reality aspect if you can see through the images.

That would be great, but I could seriously see knocking over a few things lol.

daughter or mother walks into the room. Pahh! punch them right in the face.

I have bad eyes as it is, how I am going to see semi transparent images? The technology sounds cool, but this is something that really needs to be well thought out. If the virtual reality headset sucks, there are going to be a lot of unhappy people who wasted their money.

Microsoft has been issued this new patent that sounds very interesting. I've seen it called glasses, but it's really a headset that would offer a virtual reality gaming experience. It's only a patent, though, so there's no way of knowing how it will be incorporated into Xbox products. Some people are guessing that it's going to be specifically for the Kinect. Others think it's for the next version of the Xbox.

I found an article about this and it looks REALLY cool. However, like Allyson and Zelda pointed out, it will probably be more expensive than the average gamer can comfortably afford. Still, I'd like to see it released, even though it will probably have to be out for a few years before someone like myself can afford it.

Back