Xbox One What are you expecting from watch dogs?

stiflex

From
Vilnius
Since watch dogs is one of the most pre-ordered games, it's somewhere in the top 10.

What are you guys expecting from it, and do you think ubisoft will do something similar like in far cry 3 and assasins creed? Like, with the villages - but instead of villages they'll make hideouts or something. What do you think?

From the gameplay video, you can control the power, so I would expect the main character to have a superpower which allows you to control anything, and have many different options to kill someone. I doubt it would be something like FC3 or AC since it barely looks like it. I think the main character would have control of basically any objects. Cars, ATM's, cameras, to scope out the vicinity in case you need to be stealthy. What I do think is that the game will be incredible.

Its an open-world hacker simulation. So I expect a HUD overlaying the "world". I expect there to be various ways around a situation... well actually I hope there will be various ways around a situation. I expect there to be fantastic set pieces and for the storyline to be very "cinematic". It will hopefully not disappoint.

I'm expecting something good at least, if not then I will be incredibly disapointed at it. Although this is a game I am really looking forward to playing later and honestly can barely wait for it to be released, I'm hoping for a lot from this game.

What I'm hoping for and what I'm expecting are two totally different things. I'm hoping that it will be a mix of hitman with deus ex. A good balance of stealth and action in a very atmospheric setting with some strong characters and a good stroyline. What I'm expecting is a bastardised game like the recent Assassins Creed games. They did a decent job with Far Cry 3 , but I just hope that they don't attempt to make this an annual release franchise because it just totally dilutes the experience. Instead of having 1 solid game you end up with 3 very average ones.

What if Hitman meets Bourne meets Ezio? This is what I have in mind about Watch Dogs and the main lead character. He lives in the future where everything is digital. The world constantly watches your every move, but not his. I also assume Aiden Pearce will have a dark history like Ezio which pushed him to become the hero/villain he is now. To execute Hitman like tasks, he will spend time in hacking computers, doors and cell phones to corner the victim. Up close, he will go all Bourne and beat the hell out of the target. Sounds fun, isn't it? And, when we have an entire world to explore like GTA, there you go. We have the best game of the decade... or that's how I expect it to be.

Its an open-world hacker simulation. So I expect a HUD overlaying the "world". I expect there to be various ways around a situation... well actually I hope there will be various ways around a situation. I expect there to be fantastic set pieces and for the storyline to be very "cinematic". It will hopefully not disappoint.

Yeah, the cinematic's are important! It might feel like a hack movie, a movie about hacking - and you're the main actor. It's just something to consider expecting :)

Yeah, the cinematic's are important! It might feel like a hack movie, a movie about hacking - and you're the main actor. It's just something to consider expecting :)

It looks like it has the movie thing down pack, but I want this game to be more than set pieces and slick graphics - I'm probably expecting too much, but I can always hope, right?

I'm expecting it to be open world, like GTA and have a similar way of telling the story in that you can choose to go around, kill people/make money do side stuff. Then when you're good an ready hop into the mission part and follow the story.

From the gameplay I've seen it looks amazing! I can't wait to play it just like I can't wait to play GTA 5 :p both will be excellent games I hope.

I am not really expecting much from games because then you always end up feeling let down because it didn't meet the expectations.

Anyway from the videos I have seen of it I think it is going to be one of the best open world games. Why? Because of the great features they have shown so far. Also I haven't seen any game before that actually focus on hacking aspects of different things. So the features were you can hack into stuff seems really awesome.

I'm expecting it to be a game that will take me about ten years to finish, but an enjoyable ten years. But, for everyone else, I am expecting this game to be one of the first to showcase a new way to build a game from the beginning and through DLC. From what I've seen, it will use SmartGlass and they will probably include Kinect 2 in future DLC, so even if the game isn't good, the ideas behind it will be great and influential for others to follow.

[video=youtube;HEeEoU2wyXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEeEoU2wyXg&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHE eEoU2wyXg&has_verified=1[/video]

this game really looks good. I have debated on if I should get it or not :) It will probably be on my Christmas wishlist from my wife.

From the gameplay video, you can control the power, so I would expect the main character to have a superpower which allows you to control anything, and have many different options to kill someone. I doubt it would be something like FC3 or AC since it barely looks like it. I think the main character would have control of basically any objects. Cars, ATM's, cameras, to scope out the vicinity in case you need to be stealthy. What I do think is that the game will be incredible.

Sorry no super powers, he just hacks electronics via his smartphone.

What I'm hoping for and what I'm expecting are two totally different things. I'm hoping that it will be a mix of hitman with deus ex. A good balance of stealth and action in a very atmospheric setting with some strong characters and a good stroyline. What I'm expecting is a bastardised game like the recent Assassins Creed games. They did a decent job with Far Cry 3 , but I just hope that they don't attempt to make this an annual release franchise because it just totally dilutes the experience. Instead of having 1 solid game you end up with 3 very average ones.

From the recent 14 minute video, it looks to meet many expectations. Action and stealth both seem to be fun options.

I'm expecting it to be open world, like GTA and have a similar way of telling the story in that you can choose to go around, kill people/make money do side stuff. Then when you're good an ready hop into the mission part and follow the story.

From the gameplay I've seen it looks amazing! I can't wait to play it just like I can't wait to play GTA 5 :p both will be excellent games I hope.

Its an open world Chicago so they have that locked. I saw some easy money side mission, like hacking bank accounts.

this game really looks good. I have debated on if I should get it or not :) It will probably be on my Christmas wishlist from my wife.

I have this reserved as one of my four Day One games

Ok call me silly but seeing how the guys jacket interacted with the wind blowing and it flapping in the wind was just amazing and goes to show they focused on the smallest detail!

The games looks wonderful, the hability to roam freely in the city is amazing and one of the features i'm really excited about is entering my friends singleplayer games and either hacked them or kill them, just to annoy them!
Plus I can't wait to try the game+tablet interaction, it seems it will work really well in this game, hacking stuff through the city as you go rather easily.

While I don't have the highest of hopes for it, it's definitely nice to see Ubisoft doing something different for once. The gameplay looks similar to AC's stealth mechanics, with the ability to be able to control the environment and use the world around you to your advantage. I just hope they don't overdo the smartphone bull**** and make the gameplay depend on you having to use a tablet at the same time to control certain aspects of a game not accessible otherwise.

From the videos I watched on YouTube, it will probably have the same mechanics from before with some interesting twists obviously. It’ll be interesting to see the tablet integration, though it might be a bit tedious to those used to controllers all the time.

I just know I won’t be going Rambo with these types of games, it’s always interesting to see what happens when you avoid as much confrontation as possible. Probably just a habit I picked up after playing so many Splinter Cell games I guess.

Back