What are you expecting in the "Future Of Xbox"?

steam455

Banned
I am just speculating what everybody is anticipating. Will the next Xbox dominate in the next generation gaming? Everyone saw what the competitors are doing and the specifications on their upcoming consoles and the features it provides. I’m understanding that the succeeding Xbox might come in two different ways one for family and one for hardcore gamers. Is this the right way Microsoft should be heading? I mean entertainment is strategic and vital, but a console is destined for gaming. What happened to making good quality games? What does everyone want in the next generation?

I would like a better browser. PS3 already has one and its ok, definitely better than Internet Explorer on Xbox. I just want one that runs smoothly and can do anything a real browser can. I get more out of my browser on my cell phone.

As Dverg said, a better browser would definitely be better, my fiancee has a ps3 and I'm actually quite jealous of the freedom she gets with her browser and I'm mostly talking about flash and streams and all that, I can't do that with my Xbox 360 so I would like to see that on the new Xbox, also I reckon they should work on the interface, after the update for the Kinect it became kind of confusing and messy to move around the menus but that's just me! I would just like to see a clean interface with less ads/apps, it's for gaming and to interact with your friends after all isn't it? I would also like a Blu-Ray player and for them to work on how the fan and cooler work because it gets quite loud at times.

It's hard to tell where the future of the Xbox is going, but i assure you PC gaming is going to be on the decline once the next-gen consoles hit the floor. As it is the new grand theft auto is not going to be released for PC. And i believe we have all seen the specs on the new playstation...

Console gaming is definitely on the rise, thank god. I'm kind of hoping to see gaming across platforming, the idea of being able to beat some Play Station baddies in a game of Call of Duty is enticing to me. I know it probably won't happen, but a man can dream, right?

I also think a better browser is a must! I would love to see a great improvement on the graphics but I don't know if that will happen. Nowadays is everything about the money and marketing, the quality of the products is decreasing and I hope Microsoft does not follow this trend.

I can easily see all of the next gen consoles being very multi-purpose friendly. Meaning streaming, internet, games, downloading, you name it, will be upgraded heavily. At the moment everything is just PRETTY good... not the greatest. Things are still much simpler to do on a standard laptop and such. However, I expect the next gen of xbox to make an attempt at making computers obsolete (of course it won't, but it will definitely raise the bar).

I don't really know what to expect from next-gen at this point. Like Heasarc said, I'm expecting consoles to go further down the line of becoming multi-purpose "media centers", specially the next Xbox as the 360 already tries to be a "media center". I don't really expect a huge jump in graphical quality, though.

I would like a better browser. PS3 already has one and its ok, definitely better than Internet Explorer on Xbox. I just want one that runs smoothly and can do anything a real browser can. I get more out of my browser on my cell phone.

Do you think that Microsoft can abandon their traditional Internet Explorer? Just asking...

Honestly, I don't really know what to expect for the future of Xbox. I was reading recently that the graphics levels in games have really kind of hit a plateau. I think that as time progresses, yes, the consoles will produce slightly better graphics. And yes, they will most likely have more and more new features. But, I think there is only so much a video game console can do. After all, it is just a console for video games.

Well with kinect already out, I see the next step in Xbox being something very oculus rift-esque. 3-D and head tracking technology will without doubt be included in the future of X-box. Maybe even 4-D entertainment.

Back