What are your specs?

pxyc

Have a nice desktop that you built? Want to show it off? Go ahead, I'm here to drool at your setups. Pics wanted :D

I used to have a nice custom built desktop... until a damn thunderstorm, followed by a blackout, took out my motherboard in whole fell swoop. Still feel the rage of causality over this, that thing cost me $900 of my hard earned money...

Now i only have a laptop to browse the web and what not, until i get enough money to repair my desktop.

I don't have a nice PC, but I can run most of the games. The key is Nvidia GeForce GT 610 2GB. It runs most of the games without any problem. I've heard that some people spend a really huge amount of money, I don't even have money to buy games for my ps3.

I used to have a nice custom built desktop... until a damn thunderstorm, followed by a blackout, took out my motherboard in whole fell swoop. Still feel the rage of causality over this, that thing cost me $900 of my hard earned money...

Now i only have a laptop to browse the web and what not, until i get enough money to repair my desktop.
AHHH tha'ts my worst nightmare! I have a nice laptop with a 670m and even though I'm sure nothing would happen, I always make sure to unplug it. I spent so much money on this and if it were destroyed by one stupid thunderstorm I think I'd die.

I don't have enough money yet to repair and upgrade my gaming desktop so I'm stuck with my old laptop for now. It has integrated graphics card and there's no way I can play any of the new games out there. The only game I play on my laptop now is League of Legends.

Since i'm on my laptop right now, i'll give you the specs for that.

6 GB RAM
Core i7-3630QM @2.4GHz
Intel HD 4000

It's nothing special since it's only my laptop.

So far, my gaming build is:

i5 3570K Quad Core 3.4GHZ - OC'd to 4.2GHZ
2x4GB Kingston 1.5v RAM
1x Western Digital Caviar Blue - 1 TB Hard Drive
1x Samsung 840 250GB SSD
Antec HCG 520M - Modular 520W power supply
Gigabyte Windforce 7970 1000MHz
Gigabyte Z77 D3H Socket LGA1155 motherboard

It's surprising how far PC components are getting nowadays as opposed to consoles. Consoles will keep lagging and lagging behind until they start to support hardware upgrades, and that is the truth. Not going to try to start an argument here, but people who say stuff like "oh, PC costs more, I can play all the games I want for less on a console" are just completely ignorant idiots. You buy what you need for what you want for whatever reason you have. I also own a 360, but I haven't played it much anymore, mostly PC nowadays, probably won't be getting an Xbox One as I'm planning to upgrade my graphics card to the new supposed AMD's Titan Killer: R290X. Probably won't go back to consoles for a long time as I see no need to pay a few extra hundred bucks for a few exclusive games :p

My PC is not custom built, but it's a gaming PC.

It's a Gateway Computer. It has 8GB of RAM,Intel HD Graphics Card, i5 core processors, and it can light up! The only bad thing though is that when I turn the light on I feel like a moth being attracted to the light.

That's not really a gaming PC if you don't even have a graphics card ;_;
Intel HD Graphics card is onboard dedicated graphics, not even worth mentioning here... :(
You should try to get a dedicated graphics card if you really want to play games on the PC.

Older PC here from 2007, was a beast back in the day but needs new guts.

Asus X38
Corsair 8GB DDR2
Intel C2D E6850 OC'ed to 3.6 GHz on air
2X eVGA GTX 260 SC- rest in piece, both are blown thanks to the fiancé
2TB WD HDD
19" monitor
Logitech 5.1 surround

Just got a new (better) job so we'll see if I can get it running again soon. All she needs is a graphics card... Or two ;)

Robert, ;_; Poor GTX 260's I think I'm gonna...no I'm not gonna do it...*cries* That's a nice PC though, hopefully you get it up and running soon :D How did your fiancé blow the cards, if you don't mind me asking?
Also lol Rocky, that's not a gaming PC. I had a laptop with an integrated Intel card and it could barely run Minecraft on lowest settings. Oh man, those were the days of being extremely happy if I had close to 30FPS. Now I can't stand playing with anything below 60!

She was using it while I was at work and said "it stopped working" and I smelled it burning. I just remember yelling "really? You didn't even f-----g turn it off!!!"

So the problem may have burned a damn hole in my motherboard. I've considered just saving up a grand or so and getting new guts. Mobo, CPU, cooler, ram, and gpu(s). I only have a 19" monitor so I'm pretty sure that running sli was a waste of $$.

Edit: but I've considered getting a 1080P monitor for a while now that the prices are decent, so I'll do my research and see if I will stick to my old ways getting 2 ~$200 cards or one ~$400 card. I've found that using sli with cheaper cards makes the PC more "future proof" than just getting one BAMF card. Idk, personal opinion.

Acer Aspire V3:

i5 3210m at 2.5GHz
NVidia Ge-Force 630m 1gb vram
4gb RAM

Not the best but it was really worth it for me since I got it brand new for only $500. I run Minecraft (far and fancy) at 110FPS and Battlefield at around 40FPS medium.

This is my current spec, I've had it for 3 years.

i5 750 - 2,8Ghz ( quad core )
Ripjaws 4GB CL9 ( probably upgrading them soon )
XFX ATI HD5850 725M 1GB DDR5

I can still play most games without noticeable fps drops, altough I struggled a bit with BF4 but I'm pretty sure it was the Beta fault since it improved alot on the last days.

That's a pretty solid build you have there. It will still last you quite some time, but you might need to upgrade your graphics card in the future (new AMD card R9 290X, damn good, but expensive). Consider getting RAM on sale as they've went up a lot over the past year or so with some factory fires recently and less demand along with low supply.

I JUST built mine in august, not a beast or a ripper but it works well for what i play (currently staying up WAY too late playing CIV 5). The build was originally a "develop apps and get work done, no games" build, but i decided to kill 30 minutes on a game and the rest is history. Here are the specs:

AMD FX 6350 Six core 3.9 Ghz
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT Memory. 2x4 GB, 1600mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 with 3gb GDDR5, added after i realized a Radeon HD 5450 wasnt gonna cut it for "killing a few minutes here and there on games"
OCZ Vertex 2 60gb SSD with windows 8 OS
Adata 128 gb SSD with windows 7
2x WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD for the steam collection and all other stuff thats not necessary to keep on SSD.
OLD UGLY case i cant identify, at least 8 years old, has an alien face. not an alienware i dont think.

these are pics, some from before the 7970, none have the extra SSD or 1tb drive in them

crap, cant post links. O well no pics for this post haha

I would love to boast about my PC specs but sadly my PC only consist of 4GB ram. I'm sure the other details don't matter after revealing how lame my PC is. I've been attempting to purchase a new PC but I'm just not sure which to choose as the PC I'm currently using which is 4GB used to be great but over the ages it seemed to go a tad bit slower. So basically I'm looking for a PC that is long-lasting. Although I'm looking forward to buy the Steam OS.

4gb or ram is nothing to sneeze at. To be honest, most current gen games willr un on 4gb of ram just fine as long as you dont have other things open in the background. Although ram is important, its not the most important by any means. For gaming the most important would be your graphics card.

I would love to boast about my PC specs but sadly my PC only consist of 4GB ram. I'm sure the other details don't matter after revealing how lame my PC is. I've been attempting to purchase a new PC but I'm just not sure which to choose as the PC I'm currently using which is 4GB used to be great but over the ages it seemed to go a tad bit slower. So basically I'm looking for a PC that is long-lasting. Although I'm looking forward to buy the Steam OS.

As MartinG said, 4GB of ram is nothing to stress over. It's more than enough for current cases, and you'll really only need more when next-gen game developers stretch it over higher. Everyone's going to need to migrate to a new PC anyways, which leads to my point: do not buy a prebuilt PC from somewhere like Best Buy. Build it yourself, have a friend build it for you, have a relative build it for you, whatever you do, just have yourself or someone else build it for you. Save money, learn some hardware stuff, result is a newly built PC running smooth and shiny.

As MartinG said, 4GB of ram is nothing to stress over. It's more than enough for current cases, and you'll really only need more when next-gen game developers stretch it over higher. Everyone's going to need to migrate to a new PC anyways, which leads to my point: do not buy a prebuilt PC from somewhere like Best Buy. Build it yourself, have a friend build it for you, have a relative build it for you, whatever you do, just have yourself or someone else build it for you. Save money, learn some hardware stuff, result is a newly built PC running smooth and shiny.

And the best part? NO BLOATWARE! I hate all that crap PC manufacturers put on the systems you buy prebuilt. Its always super slow, always set to start on boot, and always breaks.

Back