Xbox 360 What can else can I do with my 360?

deathbyprayer

I just purchased an Xbox One and now I'm stuck with what to do with my 360. I was planning on selling the console along with all of the games but I find it hard to do since I've had some emotional attachment to the console (yes I know it sounds lame) because it's the first thing I bought with my first salary. Aside from occasionally playing games with it, can you recommend any other things, maybe some modifications I can do to the console to not render it completely useless?

I too had an emotional departure...sell it or trade it. If you've the time and stomach, sell it yourself, you'll get a lot more money for it.

If you can't as I couldn't, then just box it all up and take it to GameStop....just make sure you're a 'pro' memeber first...then sit back, don't look as they scan it all in and listen for the number in credit...then quickly sign the pad.

BUT wait until next week, i've been told they'll be giving more credit starting next week...

Although I already have the 8th gen console, I still keep my old 360 plugged in. I still use it from time to time to play games, I mean there are still new games coming out specifically on the previous gen consoles. Even if you don't, you can still use it to play some of the old games from the 360 era. From what I see, the 360 isn't dead yet.

I just cannot give up on my Xbox 360 console so easy I mean it is just the other day that the last console that I had burned out on me and I am already getting a new Xbox 360 console. I think that when the console gets a lot more games it is only then that I will be able to fully give up on the 360 but for now I think that I will keep it. I know though that it will be a very emotional day when I have to give up on the console completely.

its a good Blu Ray Player, and you can also surf the ne wit hit, Xbox makes a pretty good PC to be honest...

Yeah i just do not think that you should just give up on the console already. As I said before I think that the Xbox 360 is one of the greatest video game consoles that has ever been created for us to play and although I have my Xbox one I will not be giving it away anytime soon.

I kept my 360 and all my games, since you can't play them on the One. Now I've got the new console (the One) in the living room and the 360 in a spare room to keep the wife occupied while I'm on the One. ;)

If you really don't want to sell your 360 just store it someplace for the day you have a sudden urge to play some old game that you liked. Other than this, what can I say? Maybe build some sort of display and put it there along with other consoles you may own. Add some games and you'll have your own corner of gaming heaven.

I honestly say.. Never sell your old consoles.. I did it once and regretted it because I couldn't go back and play games I really wanted to..

I don't know why so many people automatically feel like they have to sell an old console when the new version comes out. It was one thing back in the day when the PS2 came out and it was backwards compatible with PS1 games, but you can't play 360 games on the One. For me, that's reason enough in and of itself to keep the console.

I don't know why so many people automatically feel like they have to sell an old console when the new version comes out.

I think a lot of people sell their older version of a console just to help them pay for the newer version. Pretty much everyone I know that traded an old console in for a new one just did it for the credit towards the new console.

If you feel like you should sell it, make sure you wont regret it, because I have before. But it's no use having an old console lying around even though you know you will never use them again. You can also try trading it for something you'll make a better use of, or get some credit to upgrade.

I've also got the Xbox ONE but I've still got my 360 as well. I didn't keep mine for sentimental reasons though, I kept mine because there's still games on there that I play that aren't available on the Xbox ONE (yet)

I've never really got the old sentimental value when it comes to consoles, but I know a lot of people don't like to sell them so do whatever you think's right for you. At the same time though, wouldn't you rather let somebody else have the pleasure of using it if all that's going to happen if you keep it is it's going to be stuck in the corner or under the bed gathering dust?

Well I am sorry to say it, but I think that it is just time that you set aside that little attachment that you have with it, and go ahead and sell it. I am kind of the same way, I have trouble getting rid of things, and I tend to find ways to justify keeping it, but the whole time I know what I need to do. I would say accept it and move on.

The main downside to selling a system though, is that while you might be happy enough playing your new Xbox ONE for example, you will think back to a game that isn't available yet on the new platform and you'll miss the old system and regret selling it.

That can be said about any console though, and if we're not careful we could end up with a room full of consoles, all of which we only end up playing one game on.

Back