What crazy stories do you have from the world of Xbox Live?

Dockings

One time, about a year ago, I was playing some Halo 3 Matchmaking. As the room loaded, I quick scanned through the player list. About halfway down, I recognized one of the gamer-tags. Being the internet, I couldn't be more than 85% sure, but it looked like it belonged to a guy from my English class the year before (this was during summer break). After the game, I decide that I'm going to have some fun.

The first thing I messaged him was where he lived. Second, what English teacher he had. Third, random things that put the icing on the cake. By the end of it, he'd told me that he was blocking me and reporting me.

I still laugh whenever I see him, and I've ended up smoking with him from time to time.

I got invited to this party by someone I didn't know, and there was a group of guys in there just talking to me. They asked questions to me, like what I looked like, they made me find them on Facebook and asked me if I thought they were cute.

One time I was playing Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on Xbox LIVE and I met a kid named Cole. 8 years later, we are still best friends and hang out once a year when he comes to North Carolina to see his sister and brother-in-law at Fort Bragg.

I had a similar experience, which was also in Halo 3 Matchmaking. I was playing Grifball with a friend, and we ended up in the same lobby as somebody he personally knew. I've also been in the same lobby as somebody I've played with before that I didn't actually know, (and I'm fairly certain that they didn't join my session) which is also a weird experience, but a less little strange when you're playing a game with a small population.

I once had a guy recognize my voice on Live and he was a clerk at my local grocery store. I was in line at checkout and when I told him that I had some coupons to pay with, he asked me my gamer tag and just gave me this look. I pretended I didn't know what he was talking about and just kept paying and tried to get out of there as quick as possible.

I remember back when I use to play a lot more (I'm a bit more casual now) I teamed up with a group of people for some good 'ol quick scoping back in MW2 i had never quick scoped before but I tell you I tore that place up regardless if I lost or not haha. We ended up starting a clan and we worked our way up quite a bit then everything kinda dissolved with the clan but 3-5 of us would play ever day teamed up. They were good people we played all the way from MW2 to the end of BO then my Xbox broke and I didn't have one for a long time, but some of us still keep in touch.

Moral of the story: You meet some pretty good people on Live sometimes they can end up being a best friend miles and miles away.

This is not my story, however that doesn't make it less true. About, 7 years ago now me and my mate were playing on Halo 2. No big deal just killing people, telling them that they were horrid at this game, the usual banter. He started talking to a girl that he was kicking the crap out of, instead of talking shit to her he decided to help her, setting up games and letting her join our party so she could see how we worked together and became quite the member of our little group. They moved in together up in Maine and they still going on Live and kick the crap out of most regular players. He plans on popping the question soon and I am going to be his best man at their wedding. All from a video game. If it didn't happen so close to me I would not have believed a word of it.

One time a year or so ago, I was playing Halo 3, I think it may have been matchmaking. I was pumped to play and was feeling great. Then suddenly some jackass sent me a message telling me where I live. I was freaked out, I mean how wold somebody know that? I disregarded it as chance and just wanted to play the game. Then the same guy told me my English teacher's name. Followed by who my friends were and other details about my life. I was freaked out, I felt like somebody was watching me, I tried to ignore it and I just blocked and reported the guy, but I had night terrors for a whole week after that. My psychologist says it is the root of my problems.

But after all that it turns out that it was just some idiot from my class, I never liked him but he ended up inviting himself to smoking with me and my bros. Man I hate that guy.

One time I was playing FIFA 12 online and one dude sent me a message. He told me he could do the 'duplication glitch' if I sent him a valuable player.
This is a known scam, they just keep the player and that's it. I knew that already, so I scammed him instead. I turned the conversation around and I convinced him to give me one of his valuable players.
I hope he learned the lesson!

I was playing a match of MW2 and it was this dude named "SouljaBoyTellEm" who was camping throughout all the games we played. He just stood there in the corner camping and ended up catching a nuke.

I decided to search up the dude on google since i was bored and it turned out that the dude was Soulja Boy the rapper haha.

I once went in and saw my nickname. I have a pretty unique name, so it was spooooooky. I literally got chills.

Messaged them, and not five minutes later I got a text from an old roommate of mine. Turns out he liked my nickname so much, he made it his tag.

Back