Xbox One What did they do with the Smart Glass

Adamaris

I know since the first time they came around with the idea improvements have been made, but for the Xbox One will they be guaranteed fixes or should we expect others as well? I did not have a Windows Phone at the time but now I do (and I love it of course), just hoping there are no main issues this time around.

smart glass needs a major overhaul imo.. i use it frequently but hate it at the sametime. the touch/open is way to sensative. if your scrolling left/right it like to open things thinking you are doing a direct click. i do like smart glass tho the idea is really nice especially if you youtube/prime at night you can grab your phone and play a show without having your controller beside you or powering your controller to do anything. but smart glass needs some serious tweeks and the ability to actually do more.. power on/off apps/pin ill even go as far as xbox live being accessable with smart glass without it linking or being linked to a console.

think of adding a cue/download while out so when u power up it starts getting that program/app or links whatever tv show to your netflix/prime.

I tried it out and let's just say, it's another Kinect idea. In theory, it all sounds great and it would seem a great addition to the gaming world, but when they try to put it out it's just... wrong. Basically, technology is still not "on the point" to pull these types of things, just give it a few more years, maybe when flying cars are available too.

I tried it out and let's just say, it's another Kinect idea. In theory, it all sounds great and it would seem a great addition to the gaming world, but when they try to put it out it's just... wrong. Basically, technology is still not "on the point" to pull these types of things, just give it a few more years, maybe when flying cars are available too.

I think that pretty much nails it. It was a decent idea, but they just didn't follow through with it. There's only 9 games that are actually compatible with it and it's just a yet another novelty. The idea is not bad, instead of getting a whole new second screen like the Wii U, let people use things that they already have. But the project just didn't have much commitment and enthusiasm and it's just left there, unused.

At first I thought it was just me but lately I have had an issue with my phone in general, even though it functions fine. I think it has something to due with the weather we have had and I talked to a friend who thought maybe it was just grease or something on the screen. When I go to swipe it seems to ignore the fact that I am actually touching my phone. If this is just an issue for me that is fine, but has anyone else experienced it? I would think with the smart glass if this is a problem over numerous devices (phone is a Nokia) then it would just dampen the idea of smart glass really being "smart" or not.

Back