Xbox 360 What do you do with old games ?

Qqq

So, I have some games I never play anymore and I doubt I'll ever want to restart them and have no idea what to do with them. I payed good money for them so I wouldn't throw them away that easily. I was thinking about selling them on eBay, is it worth it ?

Or you could exchange them. There are gameshops where you can give your old games or the ones you don't play anymore and get newer ones. Even in my town, which is not the biggest, you can find a shop like this.

You could try the advice Gasculescu gave you or you can do what I do, exchange them between friends (if you have the possibility). My best buddies and I often exchange games, this way we don't spend a lot of money on them and we try new things all the time.

I wouldn't trade them in for new games, because you never get anywhere close to what they're actually worth. I would either sell them on Ebay, craigslist, or a local Facebook buy/sell group, if one is available.

So, I have some games I never play anymore and I doubt I'll ever want to restart them and have no idea what to do with them. I payed good money for them so I wouldn't throw them away that easily. I was thinking about selling them on eBay, is it worth it ?

I think you would get more money out of selling them on Ebay than trading them in, so long as you don't price them higher than what the used game stores price them for. When people shop on Ebay, they're looking for the cheapest prices on whatever it is they're shopping for. If you price your game higher than the video game store, they won't buy them.

Personally, with my Ebay experiences I would say just trade them in at the game store. Ebay can be a lot more trouble than it is worth, and you aren't going to get anymore money on Ebay than you will at the game store most of the time.

Last edited:
I keep them on a special bookshelf, afterall I did pay for them and who knows when I might want to play them again. I sometimes exchange them with my friends but I always get them back after a while.

If the games I finished are boring or I'm sure I won't be playing them again I list them on eBay. I sold a couple already. However if I liked the game a lot I keep it. I might play it some other time in the future.

Some games I might shelf for a while but once they have reached the stale point I will either donate them, give to a friend or sell online. You would be surprised how many people buy second hand games.

Personally, with my Ebay experiences I would say just trade them in at the game store. Ebay can be a lot more trouble than it is worth, and you aren't going to get anymore money on Ebay than you will at the game store most of the time.

Ebay can be more troublesome than it's worth, especially when you take into account the fact that you have to pay a portion of your selling price to them. Still, I disagree that a used game store will offer you as much on trade-in as you could get for the game on Ebay. I'd say sell the games through Craigslist, since they don't take any of your money if you actually sell the item.

Back