Xbox One What do you think about the new location?

stiflex

From
Vilnius
The New Location
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is set in the Caribbean on multiple islands including playable areas in Kingston, Havana and Nassau. And the Caribbean ocean will be an explorable region via Kenway's ship Jackdaw. Smaller islands and locations can be visited, and underwater locations can be explored for the first time in the Assassin's Creed series. The modern-day setting will no longer focus on Desmond but on Abstergo Industries/Entertainment and the research analysts who work to explore Kenway's memories. He's just this guy, who doesn't know who he is or who he wants to be.

What do you guys think?

I know it's pirates and all...but I myself don't find it that appealing. I was more satisfied with urban locations such as Italy etc. They just felt more epic.

Pirates and all is good, but I don't think it fits the Assassin's Creed theme. I would have rather preferred London or India for that matter.

I think the idea of Pirates fits Assassins perfectly. Its very appropriate of the "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted" philosphy of the Creed. Also, the caribbean locale is great as one of the shortcomings of 3, besides an unlikable main character, was how boring the architecture and cities of colonial america were (especially when compared to the spectacular vistas of Renaissance Europe). The lush, colorful jungles, and fresh spanish style mixed with the native tribes and cultures of the area all are a solid base of interesting and visually impressive locales to explore.

I very much look forward to a much more charismatic protagonist and enjoyable exploration. Naval combat and frontier free-running in AC3 was its saving graces.

I think its great. I don't know how long I've been waiting for a "pirate simulator-esque game" for, and I haven't played any game that heavily features sailing other than TLOZ: Wind Waker (which was fantastic). I think the setting provides plenty of opportunities for exploration, variety, and charm. The Caribbean is the perfect place to feature exotic, interesting characters and plot-devices, and the fact that its rather unknown in a historical context means that they will not circlejerk over significant historical happenings as Ubi did in AC3.

I haven't been this optimist about an Asassin's Creed game since the second one. I think its a real effort to maintain the series fresh and innovative.

Back