Xbox One What do you think the game prices will be on Xbox One?

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
Do you think the Xbox One games will be $59.99 retail still? Or Do you think they'll be cheaper or more? Share your predictions!

I think they will still all at the same price. I don't see the price going down since developers want to milk the gamers dry. I don't see it going up either or else nobody would purchase the games. I'm not a game developer though so anything can happen.

Hopefully around the same price, I can't see it being significantly more because far too many people will be complaining about that, and Microsoft wants sales! I'm certain that the games won't be cheaper than they are for the 360, Microsoft would never be generous like that.

Most likely will be the same price, or a little higher. I wouldn't want to see games like COD: Ghosts be like 19.99, although it would be highly unlikely they would actually make it that little.
Some games will probably be lower like those titles that noone knows about.

I don't expect the price of games to change for the better or worse. I did happen to think of an interesting scenario though; what if due to the new "resale fee" revenue, games were cheaper at original purchase? Would you guys support the idea of the resale fee in that case? In other words, would the trade off be worth it?

I wouldn't be surprised if new games were 64.99 or 69.99. They'll keep jacking up the prices until people stop buying the games right away. There's no way in hell the prices go lower.

Yeah, I think they'll probably stay the same price. Maybe even a few dollars more, but more or less the same.

Most likely will be the same price, or a little higher. I wouldn't want to see games like COD: Ghosts be like 19.99, although it would be highly unlikely they would actually make it that little.
Some games will probably be lower like those titles that noone knows about.

With AAA games being $20, it could mean $40 you could spend on 2 more games compared to 1 game at $60. I'd rather be able to spend less and buy more games, then spend more and get less games.

I agree that I don't think the price will be lowered, but I'm not sure if they'll raise the prices either. When games went from $49.99 to $59.99, it was a bit of a stretch. There are a lot of games that I would be willing to pay full price for, but to this day I have only ever bought two games at full price. If they raise the price at all, I'm going to be that much less likely to pay full price to begin with. But that's just me; others may be willing to fork over the extra cash.

I think the price will pretty much stay the same, but if they ever drop it since the launch, what they are going to do is divide games even more so they can sell the rest as DLC.

Probably the same, more expensive if anything though i doubt that. I however hope that digital releases will be cheaper, and if they're smart they'll try to emphasize their digital marketplace.

I think games will stay at $60 new, but I'm hoping that this console generation will see fluctuation in game pricing like how Steam sales occur. With no used games things perhaps be like this. I would love to be able to buy a game for $40 that is 6 months or a year old instead of $60.

I'm thinking there will be fluctuating prices, as there is also going to be a more apparent focus on the digital game market this time around. Unfortunately, the average game, both newer and older, will probably cost more (but probably not generally exceeding $60) by way of eliminating competition from the used game market. On the plus side, there's more going into the pockets of the developers and publishers, but I don't think the good outweighs the bad, and I think attach rates will see a decline.

I feel like 59.99$ is just way too much for a new game, taxes make it add up to around 70$. That's absurd, especially considering how quickly they fall in price as well as comparing them to their PC counterpart. Steam has so many amazing deals on their games while your only hope of getting a decent priced game for a console is buying used, and it looks like the way things are going this is not even going to be possible with the next generation of consoles. Therefore, I speculate that games will go down to 49.99 this generation. Maybe I'm just out of touch and all grown up now but I cannot justify paying as much as I used to to play a video game anymore... I used to buy pretty much every big hit as soon as it came out when I was a kid but now I'll only buy maybe 1 or 2 new games a year and then just wait for a sale or for their price to go down.

Back