Original Xbox What have you done with your old Xbox games?

Esperahol

Have they disappeared into that scary place where things go to never be seen again? Have they been sold? Have they been damaged beyond salvage? Are you looking at them right now? Me personally - half have been sold, and of the remaining half a good fourth of them aren't usable anymore. The rest are either gathering dust or entertaining my kid brother - he of the amazing ability to scratch everything. Ah, well at least he's enjoying them and not bothering me - that's what is important.

I either sold mine or traded them in since there was about a two year gap between selling my Xbox and getting my first Xbox 360. Most, if not all of the games I had weren't compatible with the Xbox 360 anyway. I still have a few cases from games I lent to people and never got back. I don't know why I keep them, they're no good to me empty.

All of my original Xbox games still have a set location on my entermainment center.Luckily, over all these years that have gone by, they haven't gotten scratched up, or damaged in any type of way because we move alot. I still have every single Xbox game that I use to play back in the day, and they all work like they're brand spanking new!

I actually sold all of my original Xbox games as I really needed the money in order to purchase my Xbox 360 back when it was released in 2005. I don't really regret doing it, but I still miss many of my old Xbox games, especially Halo 2. I know that certain original Xbox games are playable on the Xbox 360 but to me it wasn't worth the hassle. It would be nice though if the Xbox One had something similar to Gaikai like Sony does.

All of my original Xbox games still have a set location on my entermainment center.Luckily, over all these years that have gone by, they haven't gotten scratched up, or damaged in any type of way because we move alot. I still have every single Xbox game that I use to play back in the day, and they all work like they're brand spanking new!

You may in fact be magic... Have you received your letter of acceptance to Hogwarts yet?

I actually sold all of my original Xbox games as I really needed the money in order to purchase my Xbox 360 back when it was released in 2005. I don't really regret doing it, but I still miss many of my old Xbox games, especially Halo 2. I know that certain original Xbox games are playable on the Xbox 360 but to me it wasn't worth the hassle. It would be nice though if the Xbox One had something similar to Gaikai like Sony does.

I understand the selling thing. I've several times already cleared out my old collections (215 at one point) in order to either make room for new stuff or to help me over a hump at the time. On the other hand I can't see MS being decent enough to give the option of older games unless they could find someway to charge you for them.

They are just next to me, right over all the other games that i own, all organized by alphabetic order and ready to play. Which reminds me that i hate when people put the disks in the wrong boxes or just leave them laying around the house. Are they that lazy?

We still have one or two in our video game disc album. I have no idea why we've held onto them for this long. I honestly think we just forgot about them, it's been so long since we switched to 360.

I sold mine to a local used game store. We got $5 per game, and had about 50. We would have kept them and still used them if our original hadn't broken. It was my brother's, and he took it apart in an attempt to paint it/customize it, and was never able to put it back together. Then he blew it up with fireworks.

They're still in this room inside my cupboard. I doubt I'll get anything substantial for them and anyways I hate selling my stuff.

So rather I just keep them with me for old times sake.

I still have them, actually I just brought 20 games upstairs from the basement to play them, been playing Splinter Cell. :D

I sold mine to a local used game store. We got $5 per game, and had about 50. We would have kept them and still used them if our original hadn't broken. It was my brother's, and he took it apart in an attempt to paint it/customize it, and was never able to put it back together. Then he blew it up with fireworks.

So you made... 250 dollars? Nice. What did you use it for? New games or what? That said why did he have to take it apart to paint it or whatever? Also what was he customizing it for? That said the fireworks thing seems like an awesome idea! I would never do it, but that seems like it would have been fun.

I have stored them somewhere safe and maybe, just maybe 50 years or so from now, they will be worth a lot of money on Ebay or whatever online bidding and buying site would be available then, but I am still 50/50 on that one, I usually get so much attached to my belongings that it becomes hard to sell them. My siblings say that I am a keeper but well, my property is my property hehehe.

Mines are actually still sitting in a forgotten corner of my closet now that I think about it. Sometimes, I get the urge to play one of them only to discover that it is not backwards compatible with my 360. Others times they just so happen to be. My original Xbox no longer works anymore so I have been thinking about selling them multiple times now, but in the end, I just can't bring myself to do so. I think it's safe to say that I love each and every one of them.

I collect them so they are still where they always have been. But I could sell some titles I don't really play and never will play again.

I still have most of my original Xbox games, around 20 or so. They are all just sitting in a box collecting dust though. I'm thinking of selling them at GameStop or somewhere, but these games were part of my childhood. I'd play these games from morning to night during my childhood days.

I actually keep all my old games in crates by the television set. I keep the old consoles in a closet in my spare room. There is no way that I would sell or trade in old games. They are too much fun to play when I have friends over. Everyone is impressed with my gaming collection and it kind of makes my apartment into a "comfort zone" if you will. I don't understand why people get rid of games. They are keepsakes and one day may become very valuable as long as they still function and others still have functioning consoles.

I have limited space, sadly. I actually buy and resell older games wholesale so I tend to keep only the games I like the most (Ninja Gaiden Black for instance) and sell off the rest. My copies of Jade Empire and Ninja Gaiden are going to be with me until they break or I die.

They're long gone now. My dad finally had us sell his 360 a while ago and there were a few old Xbox titles in there. They're sitting on my counter in the kitchen. I really should just pitch them...I need counter space!

I still have most of my favorites, but I also lent some out that I never got back. I just might seek them out and buy them again, particularly Unreal Championship 2.

Back