What Movie would make a good Next Gen game?

Murray

From
Midwest US
It is going to happen no matter what. Someone is going to make a movie that's going to be awesome or at least good. Then within a few days of release of the movie we will see commercials on TV telling us how exciting playing the game will be. Well, why wait?

What movies are out there right now that'd make a great next gen game?

One that comes to mind for me is World War Z. As far as I know there is only a mobile platform game for this movie and any zombie fan has probably read the book. There'd be a lot of great action in that game with next gen graphics it would be sweet.

pirates of the carribean man..... not some fru fru game... but cannon fireing gun slinging,, wech laying, booty stealing pirate game. blunderbusting smoke shooting action open world adventure on the high seas...

but i havnt seen a new movie since transformers dark side of the moon... nothing new comes to mind.

Actually, i want to make a game, then base a movie off of it.

I think Man of Steel may get a remake similar to the way Christopher Nolan's Batman spawned the Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games which were very successful.

I also thought Looper has a lot of unique ideas and a premise that could be explored a lot more. It has a very cool mechanic (don't want to spoil anything) and created a diverse world that could easily have a video game spin-off.

The story behind immortals is sweet. Game play like ryse would be be to bad... Still not a fan of cyan mastic button play.. The immortals and gods getting involved would be nice. Maybe bring in battle tactics like 300 squeezing off a pass. Mass archers mutated elephants stampeding.

Although I wasn't crazy about the movies, I would love to see a quality Sherlock Holmes game. There was one out a while back that had a lot of potential but was just extremely disappointed in it. It was clunky and lazy. Could have been real cool, though.

I don't have a particular movie in mind at the moment, but I do think it would be awesome if Quentin Tarantino came up with a story for a game for a talented developer to use. I'm envisioning something Kill Bill-esque in that it's surreal and takes itself seriously sometimes, and sometimes not. I think this would be a good foundation for a game, because it would allow for good gameplay since it wouldn't be too anchored in realism, and the plot would likely just be good by default if you're a Tarantino fan. I don't know if this could ever happen, or if it would even work, but stranger things have happened.

I know there's already talk of a massive Firefly-based game, but what if there was one that did it justice, a mix between EVE and Battlefront and GTA? Run away from the Alliance in space, land on a planet to commit crimes or get into shootouts. Use stealth to sneak past Reavers. Just saying, would be pretty cool.

YES to above on more Sherlock Holmes/Mystery games. I am so disappointed to see such a lack of AAA level attention given to mystery games, when its a drama with so much potential for strong characters, storytelling, and all the action to be gained from even a pulp perspective. Heavy Rain and LA Noire seems to be the only ones in recent memory and, despite their flaws, were well received. With the amount of drama, intrigue, tension, and action in mystery games, I wish some writers and developers would step up to plate and get us some love here.

For next gen, we look to be getting Murdered: Soul Suspect, so I want to support it and try to get some more attention to the niche sub-genre.

it really jut dawned on me after watching a more in depth video of titan fall... dosnt the game remind you of avatar.... i mean take away the blue people and rain forest landscape.

i caught the last 30 min and i was like wow... titanfall.. the ground guys reminded me exactly like titanfall non mec fighters... and well the mecs remind me of the battle suit...

i would actually like titanfall if it was in a forest or in cover like in avatar.. a 3 tier world..
the non mecs could use the root system and cave passages as cover.
the open world aspect for mecs
the top tier for stealth movment. possibly more sniper style play.

Back To The Future would be an awesome campaign style game....think about it. Driving away from the terrorists and making it into the past...running around the city from Biff, talking to your dad when he's young, playing guitar at the dance, eventually making it back. You can fit a driving game, music game and just a RPG all into one.

It's also like my favorite movie, so that would help.

Back